Posted on :
14 Oct, 2020
14 Oct, 2020
Job Title: Procurement Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises the collection of data for the formulation of policies;
• Collates data for the development of the procurement manual and procedures;
• Conducts market surveys to identify sources of supply;
• Prepares the annual procurement plan;
• Prepares notices and other related tender documentation in line with the procurement plan;
• Prepares tender documents and advertisements;
• Prepares contract notices to successful tenderers and inform unsuccessful tenderers accordingly;
• Collates data for the preparation of the annual and other periodic reports on the procurement functions to the Public Procurement Authority through the Head of Entity;
• Manages stores in accordance with laid down procedures and regulations
• Facilitates the effective management of the procurement process;
• Collates data for the preparation of the budget and work plan of the Unit;
• Collates data for the preparation of the annual and other periodic reports of the Unit;
• Supervises and appraises the performance of immediate subordinate staff.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement Management, Purchasing & Supply or any other related field from an accredited tertiary institution.
• Must be a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or any recognized professional procurement body.
• A minimum of one (1) year post-Bachelor’s degree relevant work experience in a reputable organisation.
• Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Authority in collaboration with the Public Services Commission.
• Excellent knowledge in the Public Procurement Act.
• Knowledge Public Financial Management Laws and Regulations.
• Good knowledge and understanding of Public Administration System.
• Knowledge of physical and chemical properties of materials.
• Good knowledge in Strategic Management.
• Leadership and networking.
• Monitoring and evaluation skills.
• Good Contract Management.
• Knowledge in material handling, logistics, warehousing and custom clearance.
• Knowledge of inventory procedures and guidelines.
• Quantitative, Qualitative and Analytical skills.
• Good knowledge in conflict management.
• Good knowledge in labour laws and regulations.
• Ability to inspire, motivate and mentor.
• High integrity and good ethical standards
• Good negotiation and advocacy skills.
• Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Good knowledge in IT applications.
• Knowledge in Administrative Procedures.
• Report writing skills.
How To Apply
Interested candidate should send their CVs to:
National Biosafety Authority (NBA)
Box WY 669,
Or email to: [email protected]
Hard copies of applications should be submitted at the NBA Secretariat located on the campus of graduate School of Nuclear and Allied Sciences, GAEC, near Kwabenya Police Station