Posted on :
20 Oct, 2017
20 Oct, 2017
The National Development Planning Commission (NDPC)- is a public sector organisation established under Articles 86 and 87 of the 1992 Constitution as part of the Executive. As part of its core mandate, the Commission is responsible for advising the President on development planning and strategy for Ghana.
Job Title: Director – Administration
• The Director, Administration, shall report directly to the Director-General. The successful applicant shall be responsible for all the administrative duties of the Commission; such as staffing, facilities
maintenance, telecommunications, purchasing, procurement and stores,
• The Director will also ensure effective supervision and efficient management of budget development and implementation, management of the Administration Division and provide results-oriented leadership for the programming and implementation of effective administrative and financial policies to achieve the objectives of NDPC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Advise NDPC on administrative matters in the implementation of its plans.
• Work to improve processes and policies, and lead the long-term organisational planning of the Commission.
• Ensure prudent management of NDPC’s resources through ihe effective implementation and monitoring of administration and financial policies, regulations, internal control systems and guidelines.
• Oversee contracts and grants management: develops and implements a contracts and grants management system, with the support of third party consultants.
• Design systems, policies and procedures for the preparation, implementation and monitoring of annual budgets and financial reports.
• Design and implement systems and procedures for the proper recording of all administrative processes.
• Liaise with the Finance Director to coordinate and supervise the preparation of financial reports.
• Liaise with the Finance Director and external auditors
• to-coordinate the auditing of financial transactions of NDPC.
• Attractive, with fringe benefits.
Applicants must be able to serve the Commission for at least 4 years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of 60 years.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master’s degree from a recognised university, with specialisation in Public Administration, Human Resource Management, Governance, Social Sciences or any other relevant discipline.
• Certificates or professional training in the areas of Corporate Governance and Leadership, Organisational Development, Strategic Planning and General Management, Resource Mobilisation and Donor Fund Management, and Performance Management will be an added advantage.
• The candidate should have a minimum of 15 years successful post-qualification administrative and management experience, of which at least five years have been in a senior management position in a reputable institution.
• Considerable knowledge of Management, Budget, and Financial Management principles and’ practices, specifically of the Financial Administration Act, Internal Audit Agency Act and the Public Procurement Act.
• Affiliation/membership with a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
• Must be proficient in the use of the computer and have an understanding of Systems Management.
Skills And Abilities:
• Proven administrative, management and leadership skills
• Good planning and communication skills
• Experience in providing oversight in the management of donor funds and related accounting
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to articulate in a compelling fashion institutional goals and achievements to diverse stakeholders
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Ability to use judgment and take initiatives
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should submit in an A4 size envelope the under-listed:
• Application letter • Curriculum vitae with names and addresses of two referees • Copies of academic and professional certificates • Evidence of
good standing with a professional institution, if a member of any. • Vision statement on how applicant intends to respond to the constitutional mandate and mission of the Commission (2-4 pages long on A4 size paper). • Applications should be submitted via post or hand delivered to; The Director General National Development Planning Commission No.13 Switchback Road P.O. Box CT633 Cantonments-Accra Or email to: [email protected] Closing Date: 31 October, 2017