Posted on :
16 Dec, 2020
16 Dec, 2020
The National Development Planning Commission (NDPC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons, who are dynamic, goal-oriented and results-driven with exceptional leadership qualities for appointment to the under-mentioned positions.
Job Title: Senior Planning Analyst
• To provide technical support for development policy, planning, coordination, M&E and research.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct studies on relevant development issues
• Liaise with sector agencies and sub-national structures for effective collaboration.
• Provide inputs for preparation of work programmes and schedules in conformity with the objectives of the Divisions
• Provide technical analysis for the formulation of sectoral policies and plans
• Prepare quality policy papers to be presented in both national and international conferences
• Contribute to research on national development issues and maintains a repository of knowledge for purposes of learning and assisting other organizations as needed
• Conduct analysis on the implementation of development plans, policies and projects
• Support the preparation of Long-term and Medium-term Policy Frameworks, Planning Guidelines, Annual Progress Report and other key deliverables
• Maintain and update effective Management Information Systems
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Directors and Director-General
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must possess a minimum of a Master’s degree in Development Planning, Development Policy or relevant discipline of Economics, Social Sciences, M&E with strong analytical background
• Must have a minimum of six (6) years post qualification relevant working experience
• Knowledge of both national and international development issues and enhanced understanding of the National and sub-national Planning Processes including Monitoring and Evaluation
• Demonstrable evidence of experience and previous work involving strategic and/or development planning
• Demonstrable experience in research and policy analysis with relevant publications in high reputable journals
• Demonstrated capacity to generate and implement new ideas.
• Excellent skills on resource mobilization.
• Knowledge in the conduct of research, data analysis and interpretation
• Knowledge in ICT including Microsoft Office suite and statistical analysis softwares.
• Planning, policy analysis and formulation
• Monitoring, measuring, evaluation methodologies
• The conduct of research, data analysis and interpretation
• Microsoft Office suite and the use of the internet
• Communication, Interpersonal and Presentation Skills
• Qualitative and Quantitative Analytical Skills
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should submit in an A4 size envelope the under-listed:
• Application letter
• Curriculum vitae with biographic data, contact information, names and addresses of two (2) referees
• Copies of academic and professional certificates (you will need to bring the original if you are shortlisted for an interview)
• Evidence of good standing with academic and professional institution if profession is regulated by law
• Vision statement for Director positions only on how applicant intends to respond to the constitutional mandate and mission of the Commission (2-4 pages long on A4-size paper)
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Applications should be submitted via post or hand-delivered to:
The Human Resources Department
National Development Planning Commission
No.13 Switchback Road
P.O. Box CT633
Or email to:
WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Closing Date: 18 December, 2020