Posted on :
30 Jan, 2017
30 Jan, 2017
The National Development Planning Commission (NDPC)- is a public sector organisation established under Articles 86 and 87 of the 1992 Constitution as part of the Executive. As part of its core mandate, the Commission is responsible for advising the President on development planning and strategy for Ghana. To achieve this, the Commission must attract and appoint suitably qualified personnel to carry out its functions economically, efficiently and effectively.
Job Title: Director, Development Policy
NDPC is, therefore, looking for dynamic and qualified Ghanaians to fill the following positions:
• Reporting directly to the Director-General, the Director of the Development Policy Division will be responsible for providing result-oriented leadership in the preparation of the national development policy framework and Strategy as well as ensuring its adoption and implementation nation-wide. The Director will ensure efficient management and effective supervision of the work of the Division.
Duties / Responsibilities;
Reporting directly to the Director-General, the Director of the Development Policy Division will perform the following key duties:
• Coordinate the process of preparing the national development policy framework with the participation of public sector agencies, district assemblies, the private sector and civil society;
• Direct the design’ and conduct of analyses of economic development (macroeconomic and sectoral), human development, spatial and .environmental policies; .
• Provide oversight for the constant review and tracking of economic performance indicators and make policy proposals based on sound economic analysis and projections;
• Manage the preparation and implementation of the work programme of the Division in conformity with the overall work plan of the Commission;
• Provide intellectual guidance, substantive direction and professional leadership to the staff of the division, and effective supervision of their work;
• Work in close collaboration with ministries, department and agencies (MDAs), Regional coordinating councils (RCCs) and metropolitan, municipal and district assemblies (MMDAs) to identify and advise on the human resource and capacity development needs of Policy Planning Monitoring and Evaluation Departments (PPMEDs), Regional Planning Coordinating Units (RPCUs) and District Planning Coordinating Units (DPCUs) in development policy;
• Undertake continuous assessment of capacity and training needs system-wide,and coordinate the development of appropriate training and orientation programmes for staff of the division, as well as staff of key institutions of the decentralised planning system;
• Advise the Director-General on all matters relating to national development policy and strategy at all levels;
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Director-General
COMPENSATION: The National Development Planning Commission’s compensation package is competitive in the Public Sector With very attractive fringe benefits.
CONDITION: Applicants must be able to serve the Commission for at least four years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of 60 years.
Qualification Required & Experience
• The candidate should have a minimum of 12 years of relevant post-qualification work experience in development policy analysis, strategic planning, research or teaching,of which at least five years would have been in a senior management position in a public or private body,a research institution or university.
• With a strong background and demonstrable knowledge of the use of development planning models for policy analysis, the selected candidate must exhibit excellent knowledge of participatory planning and evaluation methodologies and experience in the use of planning tools as well as an appreciation of corporate Ghana policies,and the challenges and operational issues of the public sector. Publications or articles in reputable professional journals will be an advantage.
• With outstanding leadership skills and demonstrable experience in managing complex, multidisciplinary tasks, the selected candidate must exhibit strong administrative, leadership, team-building and people management skills. Additional requirements for this position are effective planning and organisational skills,demonstrable ability in strategic and analytical thinking, strong research capabilities as well as excellent written and oral presentation and communication skills with a demonstrable ability to communicate complex development policy issues clearly and demonstrable competence in the use of relevant computer software and applications for planning and plan analysis. With verifiable skills in problem solving, consensus building, and coordination of diverse stakeholders, the candidate will also be highly computer literate.
• The ideal candidate must hold a postgraduate degree, preferably a PhD in either Economics, Development Studies, Social Sciences or Development Planning or a related field ,from a recognised university. Having a certificate or professional training in policy analysis, research, or related field is an added advantage.
How to Apply For the Job
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit in an A4-size envelope the following:
• Application letter .
• Curriculum Vitae with names and addresses of two (2) referees
• Copies of academic and professional certificates
• Evidence of good standing with academic and professional institutions if the profession is regulated by law.
• A two-page (A4 size) vision statement on how the applicant intends to respond to the constitutional mandate and mission of the Commission.
Applications should be delivered by hand or courier to the address below:
NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT PLANNING COMMISSION
P. O. BOX CT 633
Closing Date: 07 February, 2017