Posted on :
6 Nov, 2013
6 Nov, 2013
The National Development Commission is a constitutional body created by Articles 86 and 87 of the 1992 Constitution of the Republic of Ghana and established by The National Development Planning Commission Act, 1994 (Act 479). Its function is to advice the President of Ghana on national development planning policy and strategy. The Commission also coordinates and regulates the decentralised national development planning system in accordance with the National Development Planning System Act, 1994 (Act 480)
Job Title: Director General
The Director-General, the technical and administrative head of the organization, shall be responsible for the efficient organization, management, and delivery of the mandate of the National Development Planning Commission (NDPC) subject to the general direction of the Commission. Other details may he found on the Wehsite of the Commission (www.ndpc.gov.gh)
The Director- General shall assist the Commission to discharge its duties as follows:
National Development Policy and Planning
• prepare development strategy and policy advice for the President.
• ensure effective coordination of the decentralised national development planning process.
• advise the Commission on all matters pertaining to national development policy and strategy including economic, human development, spatial and environmental analysts.
Monitoring and Evaluation
• keep under constant review the performance of policies and strategies and make proposals for revision based upon sound analysis and projections.
• ensure effective coordination of the national monitoring and evaluation process.
• be responsible to the Commission for the efficient management of the Commission and supervision of the work of the staff of the Commission.
• provide intellectual leadership and professional guidance to the staff of the Commission.
• ensure the preparation and implementation–of work programs and time-frames for the Divisions in conformity with the Commission’s work plan.
• be responsible for organizing, administering, and reviewing study and staff training programs, on a continuous basis.
• perform other functions assigned by the Commission.
Qualification Required & Experience
The candidate should have the following qualification and experience:
• A post-graduate University degree, preferably a PhD or its equivalent in the areas of Development, Economics, Planning, and related areas with statistical/quantitative background;
• Work experience with a minimum of 10 years at least as a Director, Senior Management or equivalent level in Academia
• Must demonstrate sufficient knowledge and capacity in formulating and managing national development strategy
• Evidence of research and publications in reputable journals may be an advantage
• Qualified women are encouraged to apply
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The Director-General must demonstrate the ability to:
• provide clear policy direction, set standards and empower the organization to deliver outstanding performance
• demonstrate strategic thinking and leadership through the analyses and interpretation of data to help the Commission champion economic growth
• build the scale, capacity and capability of the Commission in executing its transformational strategic agenda
• demand leadership; performance and the delivery of agreed results from the directors in a timely manner
• promote partnerships between Government, industry, local governments, and/or civil society institutions and devel
• Create and lead a dynamic, results-driven, gender-sensitive organisation that promotes transparency, accountability and self-confident integrity.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
• The preferred applicant must be able to serve an initial term of four (4) years before the statutory retirement age
• The appointment may be renewable; and
• Salaries and other conditions are attractive
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should forward their applications-together with the following supporting documents.
• Curriculum Vitae;
• A vision statement of applicant (a maximum of four (4) pages, in 1.5cm spacing, with a font size of 12);
• Applicants must submit references under confidential cover, from three (3) referees, at least one of whom can attest to their professional competency and integrity; and
• Applications should be submitted by 29th November, 2013 addressed to:
National Development Planning Commission (NDPC)
13 Switch Back Road, Cantonments
P. O. Box CT 633
Applications may be submitted electronically but these must be supplemented by signed hard copies. Electronic applications should be e-mailed to:
Closing Date: 29 November, 2013
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.