Posted on :
17 Feb, 2017
17 Feb, 2017
The National Development Planning Commission (NDPC)- is a public sector organisation established under Articles 86 and 87 of the 1992 Constitution as part of the Executive. As part of its core mandate, the Commission is responsible for advising the President on development planning and strategy for Ghana.
Job Title: Deputy Director, Macroeconomics
• The Deputy Director for Macro Economics will provide specialist advice based on the application of economic theory and knowledge.
• He/she will work closely with counterparts within NDPC and relevant stakeholders such as the ministries, departments. and agencies (MDAs), private sector. trade and professional associations. to assess policy gaps and options.
• Additionally, the Macroeconomist will lead a highly motivated multidisciplinary team in the analysis of data to assess feasibility or otherwise of data, produce forecasts of economic trends and determine the implications of their findings and make recommendations on how to improve efficiency in the national economy.
• He/she will also be involved in the development and management of economic models.
Duties / Responsibilities;
Reporting directly to the Director of the Development Policy Division, the position holder will perform the following key duties:
• Serve as in-house resource or expert on macroeconomics issues, including fiscal, monetary and financial policies management, public financial management, real sector development, and external economic developments, during policy dialogues’ with relevant sector ministries,departments and agencies arid formulation of national development policy frameworks.
• Lead the preparation of policy papers/notes, statements, briefs, press articles, and periodic updates, etc., on macroeconomic issues, and presents at both national and international conferences.
• Compile, analyse, and report data to explain past and present macroeconomic issues and trends, while forecasting market trends, applying mathematical models and statistical techniques.
• Provide advice on economic relationships to businesses, public and private agencies, and other employers; and the potential of job creation inherent in inward investment.
• Contribute to analytical development and guidelines standards, and promotion of internationally-accepted statistical standards and methodologies in forecasting economic trends and formulating economic policy.
Compensation: The National Development Planning Commission’s compensation package is competitive in the Public Sector with very attractive fringe benefits.
Condition: Applicants must be able to serve the Commission for at least four years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of 60 years.
Qualification Required & Experience
• The ideal candidate will hold a Master’s Degree in development planning, macroeconomics, financial economics, monetary economics, public finance, banking, international economics, international trade, econometrics or related fields.
• A PhD in macroeconomics and experience in macroeconomic forecasting, quantitative fiscal policy analysis, or macroeconomic consulting, would be added advantage.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
• A minimum of twelve (12) years post qualification relevant working experience with at least six (6) years’ experience in senior position in related area.
• Knowl,edge of at least one major area of statistical methodology (national accounts, prices, balance of payments, monetary and financial statistics, or government finance statistics) would be highly desirable.
• Excellent computer skills, including full working knowledge of standard word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages.
• Experience in the analysis or management of statistical program data would be an asset.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiating and influencing skills.
Core Competencies/Required Skills:
• With outstanding leadership skills, discernible networking and management skills, as well as mentoring and coaching skills, the selected candidate must exhibit a very’ good understanding of planning, policy analysis and formulation as well performance measuring, monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
• Additionally, effective knowledge in the conduct of research, qualitative and quantitative data analysis and interpretation capacity, very good conceptual modelling skills,” demonstrable ability of working independently, manage diverse and evolving workload, strong interpersonal and team spiritedness, excellent written and oral presentation and communication skills, evident ability to communicate complex developmental policy issues clearly, are requirements for this position.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit in an A4-size envelope the following:
• Application letter
• Curriculum Vitae with names and addresses of two (2) referees
• Copies of academic and professional certificates
• Evidence of good standing with academic and professional institutions if the profession is regulated by law.
• A two-page (A4 size) vision statement on how the applicant intends to respond to the constitutional mandate and mission of the Commission.
Applications should be delivered by hand or courier not later than March 7, 2017 to the address below:
NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT PLANNING COMMISSION
P. O. BOX CT 633 .
Closing Date: 07 March, 2017