NAFPTA was inaugurated in March 2015 by the Ministry of Fisheries and Aquaculture Development (MoFAD) as a formidable advocacy platform on which fish processors and traders in Ghana can channel their concerns and as a channel for delivery of support from Central Government and /or donors. The Association is active in 61 districts in Ghana with 212 local groups across the ten regions of Ghana, with a total membership of about 14, 700.
Job Title: Coordinator
- Reports to: The Board of NAFPTA
- Level/Salary Range: GHS 1,000 – GHS 1,500
To enable the association serve its members effectively and efficiently, they require an experienced coordinator who will provide Administrative support to the Board of the NAFPTA.
Role And Responsibilities
- Prepare and submit quarterly, program and financial reports to the Board.
- Produce a disseminate minutes of quarterly Board meetings to the 212 local chapters of the association.
- Input and manage data on all the members of the association into a retrievable database.
- Support the Board to develop plans and budgets for the association
- Identify and seek potential sources of funding to finance NAFPTA’s activities
- Act as key contact between NAFPTA and other stakeholders on administrative matters.
- Ensure information on NAFPTA’s website are accurate and up to date.
- Collect and document essential data on issues that affect the fishing industry and present to the Board.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge management and Learning system.
- And any other duties that may be assigned by the Board.
- Engage effectively with members of the board and MoFAD/FC
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and organizations as appropriate.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of HND or DBS
- Not less than 2 years working experience in a similar environment.
- Proven experience in providing efficient and effective administrative support to an organization
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively.
- Excellent planning and priority setting skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who possess the minimum qualifications to fill this challenging position may apply by sending a CV, Cover Letter to [email protected]
Please note: Only shorlisted candidates will be contacted
The hiring process follows US Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity laws and does not discriminate in its consideration or hiring of individuals.