Posted on :
30 Aug, 2017
30 Aug, 2017
The NIA was set up in 2003 under the Office of the President with the mandate to issue national ID cards and manage the National Identification System (NIS). This resulted in the passing of the National Identification Authority Act, 2006 (Act 707) to give it the necessary legal premises on which to operate. The National Identity Register Act, 2008 (Act 750) was also passed to give authorization for collection of personal and biometric data and to ensure the protection of privacy and personal information of enrollees/applicants.
Job Title: Registration Assistant (Recorder Of Text Data)
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general of the Registration Officer, the successful applicant shall act as:
• A recorder of text data and shall capture the personal information of applicants onto the prescribed application form
• Any other duties that would be assigned by the Executive Secretary or a person authorized by the Executive Service.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of Higher National Diploma(HND) from a recognised tertiary institution in Social Sciences or equivalent professional qualification.
• Experience in mass registration exercise will be an advantage
• Must have completed National Service.
The successful applicant must be:
• Computer literate
• Willing to work for long hours
• Able to work in team
• Able to handle large numbers of the applicant and work assignments and manage and supervise the data collection process.
• Able to deal effectively with challenging field operation bar issues.
• Able to communicate clearly and listen attentively
• Able to work with little or no supervision
Location: Nationwide Recruitment
How to Apply
All interested persons should send a cover letter, a current curriculum vitae (CV) and copies of relevant certificates to the address below: The Director of Human Resources National Identification Authority p.o.Box M680, Ministries Post Office, Accra OR Contact Email: [email protected]
Note: Please state the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Closing Date: 31 August 2017