Posted on :
30 Aug, 2017
30 Aug, 2017
The NIA was set up in 2003 under the Office of the President with the mandate to issue national ID cards and manage the National Identification System (NIS). This resulted in the passing of the National Identification Authority Act, 2006 (Act 707) to give it the necessary legal premises on which to operate. The National Identity Register Act, 2008 (Act 750) was also passed to give authorization for collection of personal and biometric data and to ensure the protection of privacy and personal information of enrollees/applicants.
Job Title: Registration Officers (Regional And District)
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general guidance of the Registration Supervisor, the successful applicant shall
• Liaise with NIA management, operation stakeholders, and field operation staff.
• Promote the public education and community sensitization strategy in the area of National Identification Authority operational activities in the region/district.
• Facilitate the deployment of materials and logistics the NIA Head Office to the region for redistribution to the districts
• Support the facilitation of train-the regional workshops on registration activities.
• Support, organize and coordinate the conduct of the registration operations/exercise the region, such as recruiting, training, and deployment of staff.
• Submit report/returns on the registration exercise at the end of registration operations as will be determined by the Executive Secretary or his authorized Officer.
• Collaborate with MDAs, RCCs, MMDAs and other stakeholders, Traditional Authorities, Community based organizations in the region/district on the implementation of the registration exercise in the
• Supervise operational staff and field registration tasks including field monitoring of the registration exercise in the region.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Secretary or a person authorized by the Executive Secretary.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of a Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited tertiary institution or equivalent professional qualification.
• Demonstrated competence, Knowledge, Skills and ability in supporting/ conducting organizing and managing registration activities.
• Ability to supervise officials and work teams and
• Three (3) years relevant experience.
The successful applicant must be:
• Computer literate
• Able to conduct interviews
• Willing to work for long hours
Able to work for long hours
• Able to work in a team
• Able to conduct train trainer sessions at the regional level.
• Able to deal effectively with challenging field operational issues.
• Able to communicate clearly and listen attentively
• Able to work with little or no supervision
Location: Nationwide Recruitment
How to Apply
All interested persons should send a cover letter, a current curriculum vitae (CV) and copies of relevant certificates to the address below: The Director of Human Resources National Identification Authority p.o.Box M680, Ministries Post Office, Accra OR Contact Email: [email protected]
Note: Please state the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Closing Date: 31 August 2017