Posted on :
15 Feb, 2018
15 Feb, 2018
The National Media Commission (NMC) is looking for a suitably qualified, goal-oriented and resultsdriven person, with exceptional leadership qualities for appointment to the position of: Managing Director of the Graphic Communications Group LTD
Job Title: Managing Director
Purpose of Position
• To provide visionary and innovative leadership that can maintain the Graphic Communications Group Ltd’s unique position and brand in Ghana, consistent with best international standards, to suit the fast
changes in the global newspaper industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Administer and manage the Group on a day-to-day basis
• Implement policies and support the formulation of strategic plans
• Ensure the preparation and submission of relevant reports on the operations of the Group to the Board
• Advise the Board on policy and management issues and submit proposals for management
• Develop and maintain a management culture that will foster cooperation, commitment, efficiency, accountability, productivity and healthy labour relations
• Develop and implement systems and methods for effective monitoring and control of activities of the group and
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Board
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in any discipline from a recognised institution, with not less than 12 years post-qualification relevant work experience, 5 years of which must be in a senior management position.
Competencies and Skills
• Good knowledge of the mass media industry, particularly print, online and other new-media will be an advantage
• Demonstration of creativity and business acumen
• Strong managerial and organizational skills
• Excellent leadership, administrative, marketing, supervisory and decision-making skills
• Familiarity with the constitution (1992), National Media Commission Act, the Financial Administration Act, the Internal Audit Agency Act, the Labour Act and any other relevant laws and
• A wide-range of relevant computer skills that are critical to the work of a modern-day executive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants may apply, providing an up-to-date detailed curriculum vitae with contact information (postal & email address, telephone number and contact details of 3 referees, who can attest to the applicant’s professional competencies.
Applications should be submitted to any of the following address: [email protected] Registered postal mail to:
The Executive Secretary National Media Commission P.O.Box SD 114 Sports Stadium Accra
Closing Date: 28 February, 2018