National Road Safety Commission (NRSC) is the lead statutory public agency for road safety management in Ghana. Its mandate is to plan, promote and coordinate road safety activities and programmes in the country.
The successful candidate would provide leadership, technical and administrative direction for the achievement of the mandate of the Commission in the Region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent the Commission at the regional level on all matters concerning the Commission’s activities
- Coordinate all activities for the efficient and effective management of the resources (human, material and financial) of the Commission in the Region.
- Coordinate the activities of all stakeholders in the management of road safety in the region.
- Oversee resource mobilization and ensure appropriate accounting to the Head Office
- Supervise the development and execution of plans and programmes of the Commission in the Region.
- Coordinate the collection of information and data on the activities of the commission
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the Commission’s policies, programmes and regulations in the Region.
- Appraise the performance of subordinate staffing the Region.
- Submit annual and other periodic reports to the Head Office,
- Liaise with the Regional Coordinating Council and other stakeholders on matters relating to the Commission’s mandate.
- Propose key performance indicators for assessing the quality and quantity of road safety interventions.
- Lead the preparation of the Regional Office’s budget and ensure the judicious use of allocated resources.
- Be assigned any other duties that may become necessary.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of a Masters Degree in Transport Planning’Management, Engineering, Business/ Public Administration. Statistics, Economics. Education or other related programmes from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Membership of recognized and relevant professional institution.
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ post qualification relevant working experience, three (3) years of which should be in a senior management position in a reputable organization.
The candidate must also have
- Leadership, networking and management skills
- Strong project and operations management skills
- Good knowledge in financial, procurement, auditing and labour regulations
- Strong problem solving skills .
- ICT skills
- High integrity and confidentiality, firmness and fairness
- Decision making and analytical skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Advocacy and conflict resolution skills
Interested persons with the requisite qualifications and relevant working experience, and are passionate about saving lives on our roads should submit their applications together with copies of relevant documents to:
The Executive Director
National Road Safety Commission
P.O. Box 01683