Posted on :
23 May, 2018
23 May, 2018
Nature’s Paradox Farms (NBF): Nature’s Best Farms (NBF) is a privately owned Limited Liability Company registered under the Companies code, 1963 (ACT 179) and certified to Commence Business in August 2017. Nature’s Best Farms is a 20,000 bird capacity midsize commercial poultry farm that engages in a primary activity of layer poultry farming, where egg laying poultry birds are raised for the purpose of commercial egg production, poultry meat and processed poultry products. The eggs are sold directly to vendors who make their purchases on the farm, as well as, in the farm’s retail stores.
NBF also transforms eggs into egg powder and packages the powder for household consumption and for commercial entities such as bakeries, restaurants, hotels and educational institutions. The farm also owns several acres of land which it uses for agricultural farming purposes. The store is located at Kasoa (New Market) in the Central Region of Ghana and the farm is located at Ojobi, in the Awutu Bereku District of the Central Region of Ghana.
Job Title: Store Manager
Direct Reports: Position will have supervisory responsibilities over the following employees: Store Associate (1 – Vacant). Temporary Workers (as needed).
Store Manager Position Reports Directly To: General Manager
The ideal candidate will be results-driven and responsible for the overall management of the store. This role includes enhancing customer satisfaction, meeting sales and profitability goals and managing staff effectively. Candidates will have the most success if they have basic bookkeeping skills, as this position requires providing daily reports on sales of raw eggs, powdered eggs and dried fruits, inventory of dressed chicken and egg supplies received from Nature’s Best Farms, and purchases of ingredients used for producing Deluxe Egg Powder.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the store, including the on time Opening and Closing of the store (time to be determined) Monday – Saturday.
• Provide Daily Sales Report to General Manager on the following items: raw eggs, packaged powdered eggs (plain and flavored), dressed frozen chicken and any other items sold in the store.
• Provide daily inventory levels to the General Manager on the following items: raw eggs, packaged powdered eggs (plain and flavored), dressed frozen chicken and any other items sold in the store.
• Develop business strategies to raise our customer pool, expand store traffic and optimize profitability.
• Meet sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to store associates.
• Ensure high levels of customer’s satisfaction through excellent service.
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures, including cash handling policies.
• Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards.
• Report on buying trends, customer needs, profits etc.
• Propose innovative ideas to increase sales and market share
• Conduct personnel performance appraisals to assess training needs and build career paths.
• Deal with all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc.)
• Be a shining example of good behavior and high performance
• Submit invoices and issue receipts for all transactions in accordance with company policies
• Additional store manager duties as needed
Rewarding Hard Work
At Nature’s Best Farms (NBF), we know that our employees work tirelessly to provide our customers with the best support and care they possibly can. Therefore, we are proud to offer competitive compensation plus bonus packages to reward our hardworking employees.
Compensation and Benefits
• A competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications will be negotiated for the right applicant.
• Mobile phone with access to the internet and equipped with WhatsApp messaging application will be provided.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Excellent sales skills
• Proven successful experience as a Retail Manager
• Powerful leading skills and business orientation
• Customer management skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet deadlines consistently
• Time Management Skills: When there is a great demand for products, business can be lost if you cannot manage your time well. Great time management will help create customer satisfaction, generate more patronage, and customer loyalty.
• Willingness to work six days a week and be flexible with work hours, if necessary
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as proficiency in the use of WhatsApp or any other application to communicate daily with Proprietor.
• Basic Computer Skills and proficiency in the use of the Internet for research as well as for communicating with the proprietor is an important requirement for this position.
• All other duties as assigned by the General Manager or the Proprietor
Desired Skills and Expectations
• Strong planning, organization, and time management skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel (and Word) to create and maintain accounting records.
• Graphic design skills for designing fliers, billboard and other promotional materials.
• Experience making bulk sales to large supermarkets, restaurants, educational institutions etc.
Residential Requirement: All applicants must be willing to live within the Kasoa area close to the New Market.
Location: Kasoa New Market, Central Region
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position and have the required experience and qualifications please follow the guidelines below to submit your application: • In your email, please insert the position, Caterer on the subject line along with the website where you found the job listing. Example: Caterer – Joblistghana.com • Send your Resume to the attention of the Director of Human Resources at the following email address: [email protected] • Very Important (Any Application without this Document will be Rejected): Send a two page write-up explaining how you intend to comply with and or implement each bullet point under: Caterer; Store Manager; Required Skills and Expectations; Desired Skills and Expectations. • Very Important (Any Application without this Document will be Rejected): Provide a one page write up of why you think that you are the best qualified candidate for this job. • Very Important (Any Application without this Document will be Rejected): Include an active email address and a telephone number where you can be reached in case you are shortlisted for this position.
Please Note: With every due respect, you will be wasting your time if you apply for this position without the required experience and qualifications and if you don’t comply with all the requirements under “How To Apply for this Position”.
Closing Date: 19 June, 2018