Posted on :
10 Oct, 2019
10 Oct, 2019
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom, and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Job Title: PS Project Manager
The Project Manager plans, schedules, monitors, evaluates and directs projects to ensure a complete business solution is implemented. The Project Manager serves as part of the Project Management team, and plays a supporting role on client engagements and may be fully responsible for leading a large project or a portfolio of small projects. The Project Manager produces a project plan based on the Global PM Project Management methodology for executing the project.
The Project Manager manages NCR and third-party contracts as needed; ensuring projects meet established time, cost and technical objectives. The Project Manager develops and manages the project’s change control procedures and effectively utilizes all available methodologies and tools, culminating in client acceptance of results. The Project Manager conducts project progress reviews with client and account team personnel, providing contingency and problem resolution plans as required.
This position will be based in the USA, with the San Francisco Bay Area preferred and Western U.S. required. Travel may be required. The position will report to the NCR Services Financial Deployment Services Partner.
Scopes engagements/ projects
* Describes project opportunity
* Determines project management need
* Identifies project risks
* Models staffing requirements
Develops project plan
* Defines goals and objectives
* Identifies client requirements
* Identifies resource requirements
* Develops project budget
* Translates client business requirements into specific deliverables
Manages large high paced projects or portfolios of smaller projects
* Conducts a project kick-off meeting
* Communicates project status
* Obtains sign-off/authority
* Produces project documentation
* Conducts project planning workshop
* Assists with the contract negotiation process
* Administers contract with the client
* Establishes and maintains the project information system
* Validates and enters High Impact Project (HIP) data, when applicable
* Leads and manages a large team of internal team/project members
Manages all aspects of the post-sale implementation of the project (on-time, within budget, within expectations)
* Develops Project Binder, which includes Customer Contract, PM Letter of Assignment and Project Charter, Project Qualification Report, and Project Plan
* Monitors and controls project
* Manages the work of NCR resources, subcontractor personnel, and clients
* Manages cost/schedule/resource variances
* Performs project status reviews
Maintains/expands client relationship
* Ensures client expectations are met/exceeded
* Establishes client follow-up/monitor process
* Conducts final project team review/critique
* Team Focus
* Works within a project team environment where results will be based on cooperation with and/or influence of others.
* Projects are normally within the context of a solution team, internal team, or other NCR business units.
* Results Orientation
* Focuses on results and success, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
* Meets deadlines and produce high-quality work
* Optimizes use of available resources
* Relationship Building
* Relates to people in an open, friendly, accepting manner
* Shows sincere interest in others and their concerns
* Initiates and develops relationships with others
* Travels as necessary to meet project requirements.
* Project Management experience with preference placed on managing deployment projects
* Project Management Rollout Deployment experience – Financial Industry highly preferred
* Ability to lead/coordinate a cross-functional team, ensuring that projects meet defined the scope, time, cost and quality constraints. Ability to deal with organizational influences, ambiguity, and continuous change.
* Bachelor Degree, MS or MBA in Business, Technical, or Project Management discipline or equivalent preferred but may be replaced with successful career progression
* Financial Industry knowledge
* Preferred Professional Certification: University / ESI Project
Management Masters Certificate, PMI – Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification, NCR Internal Project Management Certification
* Excellent written and verbal communication AND presentation skills
* Experience working in a consultative nature with customers and teammates
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.