NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 100+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation. A forthcoming acquisition of Rainforest Alliance’s certification unit will expand NEPCon’s geographical coverage to include North America, Latin America, Africa and all of Asia. Our organisation and our activities are growing, and in this context we are looking for an Operations Specialist for our new Ghana office.
Job Title: Operations Specialist
As Operations Specialist you will provide administrative support to the Regional Manager and other office- and homebased staff across the region. You are also the main point of contact for local service providers. In addition, the Operations Specialist provides region-specific HR administration support with guidance from the HR Manager.
Your primary responsibilities in this position will be:
- Focal point for owner of office premises, ensuring rent and utilities are paid and any issues relating to premises are resolved in a timely manner.
- Focal point for various types of insurance held by the office, renewing or updating contracts as necessary as well as company registration related documents.
- Focal point for mobile phones and subscriptions for new and existing staff.
- Liaison for other local vendors.
- Front desk responsibilities for calls, meetings, incoming/outgoing mail, transportation.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and packages to relevant individuals upon receipt.
- Organise and maintain office common areas.
- Coordinate office supplies and other hardware needs for all regional staff.
- Maintain all office equipment and arrange technical support if required.
- Designate for legal entity tasks, collating documents for signature, local filing/tax paperwork, organising local banking/payments.
- Provide assistance to external accountants and payrollers on locally specific matters, coordinate information and documents’ exchange between NEPCon entities and accountants of the region.
- Assist with supplier invoice processing and payment preparation in the banks of the region.
- Assist in client invoicing of the region.
- Assist in other ad-hoc processes required by the local accounting and payroll process of the region.
- Assist in the coordination of events, travel, workshops and meetings across the region.
- Provide general administrative support to the regional staff.
- Support recruitment efforts including posting job announcements, participate in onboarding process, obtaining necessary employee documents, retaining documents as required.
- Provide input to local HR policies and procedures within Ghana labour law framework, and support for other countries in the region.
- Provide administrative support throughout the full employee life cycle for assigned country staff.
- Support onboarding and deboarding process in coordination with the HR Manager.
- Perform benefits administration including claims resolution, change reporting, provider relations.
- Under guidance from supervisor, provide administrative support for certification activities in the region, including coordination of client agreements.
- Maintain data in technical and administrative databases (e.g., Salesforce, FSC and other related databases).
- Provide certification administration services support for clients in the region.
- Monitor and maintain the status of the certificate client portfolio (activations, suspensions, terminations).
- Coordinate client and auditor communications.
- Provide customer service for the region, including, but not limited to the guidelines for the FSC and Rainforest Alliance logos and seals.
- Assist in the review and approval of trademark use by clients in the region.
- Reconcile accounts receivable payments and contact clients regarding past due payments.
We imagine that you have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business administration, human resources management or related field. You have 4+ years of experience with office administration and minimum 2 years’ experience with HR processes, HR administration and payroll. In addition to this:
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken).
- You have knowledge of Ghana labour law and legal business requirements.
- You are a proficient user of the MS Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- You have a good general understanding of administrative IT systems, and the ability to learn to work with new programmes fast.
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes to – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are punctual, reliable and able to take initiative on your own.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline and the ability to organize and manage yourself and your time.
- You pay attention to detail.
- You are a robust and structured person, who has demonstrated that you can balance multiple tasks and still deliver all in time.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position refers to the Regional Manager for Africa
- Working location: NEPCon’s office in Accra, Ghana
- Salary commensurate with qualifications
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of NEPCon through the annual General Assembly