Nestlé is often celebrated as being the world’s number one food and beverage company and one of the best places to work for. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of people’s lives, both outside and inside the workplace, and are always scouting for the best talent to join our team.
We are looking for a forward-thinking and self-starting HR professional to join us for the role of Functional Learning and Education & Training (E&T) Lead based in Accra, Ghana. Ideally a French speaker, you would be responsible for the regional development and roll-out of functional learning solutions to build capability in the necessary competencies to achieve our business objectives. To do this, you would work closely with the Function and Business heads, to identify the competency needs to be developed. You would also work closely with our global learning teams to identify capability building solutions or define new ones to be leveraged in the Region. In this role, you would also be responsible for the implementation of the Education & Training Pillars in our factories and would provide training, coaching, and assessment for our factory E&T Pillar leads.
You’ll be part of a the broader CWAR Talent Center of Competence team, which is dedicated to driving diversity, inclusion and personal & professional development of our employees.
Job Title: Functional Training lead
A day in the life of…
- A typical day at the office would mean meeting with different Function or Business Heads (e.g. Head of Sales or Business Executive Officer) and understanding what the competency needs in the business needs are.
- Based on this, you would assess the competency gaps and identify or design programs to address these gaps.
- You would also focus on people’s personal and career development needs. For example, is there someone in sales who could benefit from a functional course to help with their day-to-day job? You’d be responsible for identifying these needs and engaging with the relevant functional/business heads and global learning teams to make these trainings come to life.
- After lunch, it’s time to crunch some numbers. Budgeting is a big part of the role. Ideally, you would work with your colleagues in the learning team and Finance to consolidate the regional training plans and ensure that we have appropriately budgeted for trainings per the plan. Discussions might look like this: “We’ve overspent on trainings this quarter, how can we readjust the plan with the least impact on further trainings?” How are we tracking against planned?”
- But your role isn’t only office bound. You would be visiting our factories across CWAR to support our factory E&T leads in their implementations of E&T methodologies. You would facilitate training sessions or coordinate trainings with our global learning teams to support our factories training needs.
- You would assess how we can do things more effectively and efficiently. Nestlé prides itself on continuous excellence and we’re always looking for ways to improve and capitalize upon our ways or working.
What will make you successful
- You need to have a minimum of 5 years’ hands-on experience in leading professional development and training of employees and at least a bachelor’s degree.
- You need to be conversant with the creation, implementation and execution of training strategies.
- You need to have an aptitude for training, coaching, and developing people.
- You must be a people person. You will need to effectively adapt to your audience, influence with integrity, and work collaboratively with others.
- You are innovative. Nestlé prides itself on listening, learning and collaborating to turn insight into action. Your role will involve identifying problems and coming up with creative solutions to meet our shared objectives.
- English is essential to the role and fluency in French is highly desired.
Closing Date : 30 June, 2020