Posted on :
29 Jan, 2018
29 Jan, 2018
Opened in 2009, Nestlé R&D center Abidjan is an unmatched integrated capability across the value chain from farm to fork. In few years, the center have supported the launch of 15 products in 3 regions across 4 Nestlé significant brands and 4 product categories.
To meet the opportunities and challenges of vibrant and growing markets in Sub Saharan Africa, Nestlé R&D center Abidjan is looking for an experienced Consumer Insight Specialist to reinforce its Consumer Sensory Insight & Ideation team.
Job Title: CONSUMER INSIGHT SPECIALIST
This local position is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic, curious, creative person with a hands-on mindset, business sense and passion for innovation. Autonomy and appetite for continuous improvement will be essential assets.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Main mission: Reporting to the Consumer Sensory Insight & Ideation Manager, you will drive a consumer centric mindset, help accelerate business growth and deliver outstanding consumer experience by constantly making the link between consumer insight, R&D capabilities and the business perspective.
· Contribute to build and develop deep consumer understanding, analyzing gaps and driving creative approach to generate, source, organize relevant consumer knowledge to support the R&D roadmap
· Help in identifying business opportunities and inspiring business action by analysing and connecting diverse insights and supporting their translation into relevant solutions and projects
· Be a relevant partner in cross-functional projects, collaborating early with SBU and markets and NPTCs to review consumer dimensions (e.g. insight, benefit territory, consumer target) in projects, coordinating and ensuring that the right methodologies, guidelines and standards are applied in research studies so that they are delivered on time, on budget and with acknowledged added value
· Share knowledge in the consumer community and contribute to trainings.
· Drive continuous improvements in consumer methods.
You will work closely with the R&D project managers, the Creative Kitchen and the Sensory team. In addition, you will interact with key stakeholders within the Nestlé group: senior management, Innovation/Renovation community, Consumer & sensory insight community, and externally with Research Agencies, Consulting Agencies
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
· Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Marketing, Sociology or closely related disciplines
· Minimum 3-4 years of progressive experience in consumer research and related areas, preferably in FMCG, ideally in the food industry
· Mastery of a variety of qualitative & quantitative consumer testing techniques
· Exposure to ideation/ design thinking process
· Track record of involvement in projects involving cross-functional teams
· Communicate and write effectively in English, with a good working knowledge of French
·Advanced user of standard Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of SAP is highly desirable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Deadline for application is January 31, 2018
Apply by sending your resume to [email protected]
Nestlé employees should discuss their application with their Line Manager before applying.
Only pre-selected candidates will receive a formal response.
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 88,8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2015, more than 335,000 employees worldwide and 436 factories in more than 85 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com