At Nestlé, we are proud to produce some of Ghana’s best-loved brands such as Ideal ®, Milo®, Nido®, Nescafé®, Cerelac® etc. These brands are cherished by households across the country.
Job Title: Production Supervisor
What can you expect?
Reporting to the Production Manager the successful candidate will deliver the shift/line objectives by ensuring that the production plan is fully achieved on time and in compliance with internal and external requirements while meeting safety, quality, cost, delivery and environmental needs. He/she will also be required to empower and engage team and also develop their capabilities.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that finished products are consistently manufactured according to standards of quality and relevant manufacturing instructions (compliance). Also ensuring that the working areas are kept clean and are maintained in working order including all installations in accordance with Nestlé Good Manufacturing Practices (NGMP).
- Managing production effectively through operational reviews, use of Standard Routines and Basic Problem Solving tools to achieve sustainable results as well as drive continuous improvements.
- Maintaining a safe working environment by ensuring proper housekeeping and adherence to all safety requirements.
- Ensuring implementation of the development plan for team.
- Ensuring constant dialogue with relevant stakeholders; i.e. shift teams, Production Manager and Engineering.
- Ensuring smooth operation through effective staff management and deployment.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a functional role in food and beverage industry
- Any Science based (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science, Biological Sciences)
- Experience in managing people
Other attributes would include:
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Results oriented
- Ability to work with and lead diverse teams
What you need to know
The closing date for application is 14th September 2018. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted or given feedback.