Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest food and Beverage Company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to enhance the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Ghana Ltd is currently looking for a Category Development Manager to support the Category Manager in managing the category in the cluster. You will support the category with effective planning and implementation of the Integrated Commercial Plan (with focus on Category plans) in order to generate strong business results for the category.
Job Title: Category Management Manager
A day in the life of…
- Execution of duties towards the achievement of the category plan for the year
- Supporting the Category Manager to achieve NNS/RIG/OG/OP1 objectives at country level for the category
- Accurate preparation of the data and inputs for the monthly business planning meetings
- Assisting the Category Manager to ensure that pricing is in line with the validated pricing strategy in the category plan and making recommendations when required on pricing to consumers and defining the desired relative pricing
- Supporting the organization and following up on all activities and events for the category.
- Managing sampling activities and proper execution specific to the category
- Understanding the impact of the Product Fixed Marketing Expenses spend on the Profit & Loss of the category and tracking the brand’s performance and health
- Ensuring all consumer activities and events are consistent with defined marketing and brand strategy
- Ensuring proper pre and post evaluation of activities – activations etc. and providing actionable insights/learnings for future activities
- Execution of New Product Development launch plans developed by the Marketing Manager
What Will Make You Successful?
- 3-5 years Commercial experience
- Knowledge and Understanding of financial statements (.e.g. P &L ) and its impact on the category
- Knowledge of Category Brands, Shoppers, Consumers and the Category Competitive Landscape
- Basic knowledge of Research methodology
- Sales experience is an added advantage
- Experience in working with cross functional teams
- Good communication skills
- Minimum bachelor’s degree