Nestlé is often celebrated for being the world’s number one food and beverage company and one of the best places to work for. We’re dedicated to enhancing the quality of people’s life both outside and inside the workplace and are always scouting for the best talent to join our ranks. This is why we’re looking for a forward-thinking, professional and self-starting HR professional to join us for the role of Functional Learning and Educational and Training Lead.
Job Title: Functional Training Lead
Main purpose of the Position
Based in Ghana, and ideally French-speaking (although it’s not a must), you’ll be responsible for identifying the company’s business objectives and making sure we bridge any skills gaps that would stop us from achieving those objectives. You’ll be part of a Regional HR team dedicated to diversity, inclusion and the professional and personal development of its employees.
A day in the life of…
- A typical day at the office would mean meeting with different heads of functions (e.g Head of Sales or Marketing) and getting an understanding of what the department’s business needs are.
- Based on that, you’d spend a good portion of your time identifying skills gaps and creating creative training programs to plug those gaps.
- The second half of your day would be focused on people’s personal and career development needs. For example, is there someone in sales who could benefit from a functional course to help with their day-to-day job? You’d be responsible for identifying these, engaging with the relevant functional/business heads and actioning the appropriate training.
- After lunch, it’s time to crunch some numbers. Budgeting is a big part of the role. Ideally, you’d consolidate your market’s (Central West African Region) training plans and start thinking “we’ve spent this much on these areas for the year/quarter. Next year/quarter, these will be our focus areas and this is how much we’ll spend on training.”
- But your role isn’t only office bound. Having looked over budgets and the needs of the employees based in our offices, you’d take a visit to a factories and locations in the Central West African Region (CWAR) with the aim of looking for (and fixing) any deficit in technical skills. Nestlé prides itself on continuous excellence and we’re always looking for ways to develop our ways of working. You’d either help by providing our in-house training or outsourcing the training to make sure we bridge any gap that might exist within the factory’s technical capabilities.
What Will Make You Successful?
- You need to have an aptitude for teaching and training people as this will be the bulk of your work.
- You are a people’s person. You’ll be dealing with people and helping develop their career development. People skills are absolutely key.
- You are innovative. Nestlé prides itself on listening, learning and open collaboration to turn insight into action. Your role will involve identifying problems and coming up with creative solutions so both the business and your colleagues reach their objectives.
English is essential to the role and a command of French would be advantageous.