Job Title: Strategic Buyer
Minimum Educational Qualification: Minimum of bachelor’s degree its equivalent in Engineering, Finance, Economics, Computer Science Supply Chain or other relevant field.
Minimum Relevant Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in Procurement or a relevant MBA equivalent. Project Management and a commercial background are a plus.
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to improve the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Nigeria is currently looking for a Strategic Buyer who would be responsible for developing, validating, communicating and implementing sourcing strategies for locally managed categories following the defined Strategic Sourcing Process tools, templates and policies. She/he would ensure the efficient implementation of new or changing items/services, Procure To Pay channel management and new suppliers.
A day in the life;
- Defining and implementing the strategies for the locally managed categories at Market level; utilizing the Strategic Sourcing Process tools, templates and policies developed by the organization.
- Performing supplier market, category and supply risk analysis; developing TCO(Total Cost of Ownership) understanding, as well as the map of how sourcing process and channels work within the locally managed category; identifying improvements to be targeted.
- Preparing and executing negotiation events, seeking best TCO(Total Cost of Ownership) contracts and beneficial commercial agreements with suppliers for the locally managed categories.
- Ensuring compliance to Nestlé’s business principles, policies, standards and Procurement Policy, Procurement Standardized Model, Nestlé Supplier Code, Best Practices, etc.
- Establishing relationships with stakeholders to integrate category plans and outcomes in local budgets and price planning processes as required.
- Integrating innovation, renovation, and post-award cost improvement elements from suppliers into Nestlé’s innovation and renovation processes.
- In partnership with SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) experts, leading the planning and regular contract SLA reviews with suppliers and other functional partners, such as quality, etcetera.
- Ensuring effective contract management follow-up activities are in place (e.g. SAP contracts, purchasing info records, master data, etcetera).
- Leading cross functional projects that would deliver strategic value in ensuring supply & improvement of procurement process.
What Makes You Successful?
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of sourcing strategies for different spend categories over a sustained period (between 3 to 5 years).
- Experience in one or more spend categories as a Sourcing Specialist, using the Strategic Sourcing Process.
- Demonstrated successful use of risk management, responsible sourcing and supplier relation management.
- Strong analytical skills with high capability on Microsoft Excel usage, negotiation, and business-writing ability.
- Remarkable communication and problem-solving skills.
- Good system and relevant software usage prowess.
- Ability to manage senior level stakeholders.
- Strong conflict resolution and leadership skills.
- Bilingual – Ability to speak and write in both English and French.