Vodafone in Ghana is an operating company of Vodafone Group Plc., the world’s leading mobile telecommunications company, with a significant presence in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and the United States.
Vodafone is the only total communications solutions provider – mobile, fixed lines, internet, voice and data – and is currently unmatched in providing fixed line and internet services – the leader and the first choice for Ghanaians. We are the secondly ranked operator in mobile with a huge potential to take over the market. As a corporate body, we value our customers and constantly build key relationships with the private sector and government. Our goal is to be the communications leader in an increasingly connected world. We aim to provide the kind of innovative and responsive service for which the Vodafone Group is recognized worldwide.
Job Title: Fixed Product Manager
- To drive the implementation of the fixed products and propositions strategy for VBS in order to meet operational targets for revenues, margin and customer satisfaction
- Work on corporate segment product development and in-life management for fixed data and voice within the framework of an agreed product and sales plan and budget
- Develop and monitor corporate propositions across fixed products that will increase competitiveness of VBS products in the Corporate and VGE Segments, and improve uptake by implementing commercial and GTM activities based on agreed strategies
- Provide inputs to the creation and maintenance of the VBS Sales annual business plan and budget
- Support the Head, Products & Propositions in developing an annual portfolio and business plan and to meet the agreed budget
- Develop new products and propositions for corporate fixed data and voice services, supported by market data and competitive analysis as well as develop business cases demonstrating a return on investment
- Ensure new corporate fixed products and services, meet agreed cost, quality and customer experience standards
- Manage in-life corporate fixed products and services continue to meet agreed margin thresholds using financial performance data to make kill or continue decisions
- Manage corporate fixed product rationalization and withdrawal, ensuring that alternative solutions are available to customers, that a migration path to alternative services is properly planned and that the changes are effectively communicated
- Work within and apply standard and agreed product development and launch, in-life and withdrawal processes
- Use relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor progress against targets and take appropriate managerial action to ensure targets are met or exceeded.
- Ensure full compliance with telecommunications licence provisions, sector regulations and competition laws when launching corporate fixed products
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers such as Technology, Marketing and Brands etc.
- Develop GTM strategies for all corporate fixed products
- Develop industry specific propositions for the fixed sales teams (Corporate & Government) and specific customer demands. These propositions must solve unique industry challenges
- Responsible for the pricing of all corporate fixed products and services
- Development/review of polices, procedure, processes and governance for the pricing of products and services for the corporate segment. Ensure products have a price validation process and governance to avoid incorrect implementation of pricing and governance
- Work with Finance to develop a competitive pricing strategy which generates agreed margins for all new and in-life products and services
- Work with the bid team on all competitive tenders and complex bids within agreeable time limits for fixed corporate deals
- Active monitoring of customer proposals, win/loss information to ensure best possible pricing , adjust as necessary, innovate pricing approaches for VBS corporate fixed products
- Provide performance data such as monthly product performance and quarterly portfolio reviews to support management decision-making.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with international service providers for fixed data and voice
- Engage with relevant governance and approval forums to ensure deals are driven through successfully
- Provide clear guidance on requirements to the rest of the business (e.g. billing)
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Proactive, with strong personal drive
- Enthusiastic about the telecoms industry
- Creative & deep thinker with the ability to view a problem from different angles
- Commercial acumen
- Strong analytical skills
- Results oriented
- Manages decisions that affect the operational effectiveness of the fixed product prepositions unit
- Authorises changes and approvals in regards to FBB contracts to meet the required product propositions
- Significant experience in a propositions/product/portfolio management role
- Prior experience in the telecoms industry is a plus but not a requirement
- Must have networks and be able to influence and persuade both internally and externally teams that deal with our suppliers and customers, bringing the best and state of the art propositions in the product space.
- Should have knowledge and experience in line manager skills to be able to manage the specialist aiding in prepositions.
- Focus orientation is a key requirement as whatever product that is proposed should give value and satisfaction to the customer
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent
Closing Date : 21-Aug-17, 11:59:00 PM