Posted on :
17 Jan, 2017
17 Jan, 2017
Turning Point Farms Ltd is company registered under the company’s code of Ghana 1963 Act 179, with a five board member. The company operate in over 300 communities in the Northern and Upper East regions of Ghana with over 13,500 farmers and still counting. The company operate an out grower model that put farmers into groups and assist them in the production, as well as the marketing of their produce hence ensuring a complete value chain. The company also assist these farmers with sources of quality agriculture services and farm inputs by helping groups acquire machinery through minimal contribution schemes. We give support to the farmers in the form of providing services such as land preparation, planting, harvesting, storage, transport and distribution and marketing of their produce.
Our clients are mostly based in the rural areas where the core livelihood activities are farming and other agro related activities. The company has gained 100% loyalty from customers who largely depend on us for the progress of their activities. As an agro company, our bankers are Unibank Ghana Ltd with logistics supplies to be established with Sonalika International, (West Africa Agrotech Company Ghana Limited) to be the key suppliers of all agriculture machinery and other agro support services such as irrigation, yet to be included in our products.
Job Title: Senior Logistics and Supply Chain Officer
• Strategically planning and managing logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
• Directing, optimizing and coordinating full order cycle
• Liaising and negotiating with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
• We are looking for a reliable logistics manager to be responsible for the overall supply chain management. He/She will organise and monitor the storage and distribution of goods.
• The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
• Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
• Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
• Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
• Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
• Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
• Resolve any arising problems or complaints
• Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
• Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
• Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
• Proven working experience as a logistics manager
• Record of successful distribution and logistics management
• Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
• Proficient in standard logistics software
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/commercial Law or in directly related areas of specialisation, including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting. OR, a recognised qualification in procurement and contracting.
• Educational qualification in relevant areas (transport or logistics operations/management, supply chain management, etc.)
• Minimum of two years of relevant professional work experience.
• Work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing, contracting and administration and/or other related fields at the national level.
• Experience in emergencies desirable.
Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [I]
• Drive for Result [I]
• Working With People [I]
Functional Competencies (Required)
• Applying Technical Expertise [I]
• Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
• Planning and Organising [II]
How To Apply For The Job
If you have experience working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution kindly, send a brief application letter supported by detailed curriculum vitae, to the below email:
Closing Date: 25 January, 2017
Applications submitted after this date will not be considered. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.