Posted on :
8 Dec, 2017
8 Dec, 2017
Abt. Associates Inc., a US based company, is implementing the PMI/ USAID–funded VectorLink Project, Ghana. IRS as a component of VectorLink Project has been implemented in Ghana since 2008 in some selected districts in the Northern Region.
Currently, Abt Associates is implementing Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) in Seven selected districts in the Northern region: Kumbungu, West Mamprusi, East Mamprusi, Mamprugu/Moagduri, Bunkpurugu-Yunyoo, Karaga, Gushegu, districts.
We are currently seeking qualified individuals to fill temporary positions as Logistics Assistant (7 positions) in the following districts. Successful candidates will be contracted for not more than 3 months. Candidates that live in any of the districts mentioned above will have an added advantage.
Job Title: Logistics Assistant (7 positions)
Responsibilities of Logistics Assistants
• Manage all logistics received for IRS activities in the district.
• Manage supplies, daily and weekly logistical needs of the IRS operational sites
• Prepare weekly logistic needs of each operational site.
• Manage the district warehouse in compliance with the Best Management Practices.
• Prepare logistic requests and make follow ups.
• Prepare monthly logistic reports
• Supervise Store Assistants in the district
• Undertake other logistic duties as may be assigned by the Spray Operations Coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Higher National Diploma in purchasing and supply or a relevant field with previous experience in logistics management.
• Good communication, negotiation and analytical skills
• Must be able to work as team, overtime, under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Must be computer literate with good understanding in the use of MS office applications
• Previous work experience in IRS will be an added advantage.
• MUST be able to ride a motorbike and possess a valid license.
Location: Kumbungu, West Mamprusi, East Mamprusi, Mamprugu/Moagduri, Bunkpurugu-Yunyoo, Karaga, Gushegu
How to Apply
• Please look through the above mentioned operational sites/ sub-districts and select any one where you wish to be considered for the position of an IEC Assistant and state this in your application letter.
• Application letters that do not have specific sites/ sub-districts stated will not be considered.
You can send your application letter and CV to the following addresses:
1. Deliver your application by hand to the Abt Associates Inc. Office building located near VSO office, off the SSNIT Road Junction, Kalpohine Estates, Tamale.
2. Submit your application to the Security Guards at the District or Sub-district office of the PMI VectorLink Project in the aforementioned sites/ subdistricts.
3. Send your applications to the following email: [email protected] (Please indicate the position and district in the subject line of the email. Emails without district and Job title will not be considered)
Closing Date: 22 December, 2017 Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Females are particularly encouraged to apply.