AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Maintenance Planner.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To support all maintenance and project planning activities in the engineering department, including personnel, systems and processes to effectively and efficiently deliver on schedule and budget of all refurbishment planning activities safely through SAP system in line with strategic objective of business
- Ensure section’s compliance with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, lending institutions, shareholders’ interests, environmental, health & safety legislation and company regulation
- Responsible for Safety, Environmental, and Social Responsibility policies for the area and accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every mine worker if under or assigned to his/her supervision.
- Ensure safe planning of Infrastructure refurbishment and/or construction activities and compliance with classified plant and electrical safety obligations to meet safety targets.
- Demonstrate safety behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Work as example to create a suitable safe work environment to motivate staff, employees and contractors to achieve optimum effectiveness, productivity and operating costs
- Support and make room for continuous improvement of safety performance.
- Support the Senior Planner to plan all equipment refurbishment activities.
- Support and advice the refurbishment project and maintenance team with accurate work plans.
- Liaise with the Senior Planner and Project Manager to set work program and target milestones for each phase based on the project plan.
- Monitor critical activities based on the project schedule and advise project management.
- Prepare and submit updated work program and cash flow curve showing actual progress and identify areas of weakness and establish means and methods for recovery, if any
- Monitor day to day work progress and prepare the weekly and monthly program and report.
- Maintain and record update of site work progress obtained from Project Managers and Planning Manager.
- Support the provision of master project schedule updates with respect to refurbishment and maintenance activities
- Support the rollout, implementation and training of SAP maintenance system and smooth transition of the system into the operational phase to ensure the operating team is appropriately trained and proficient in using the SAP system, to support a smooth transition into operations.
- Proactively manage change to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns.
- Ensure spares inventory supports current and future planning requirements.
- Identify and implement opportunities to help prevent reoccurring failures that may adversely impact on production.
- Provide inputs into the identification of reliability monitoring by recognizing irregular and unusual repetition of potential maintenance activities.
- Ensure asset purchases are effectively and efficiently done in through structured system that is consistent with AGA policies.
- Provide input to due diligence for procuring goods and services to support the refurbishment work and maintenance plan.
- Adhere to procurement procedures and processes.
- Ensure cost codes are correctly allocated to all refurbishment activities.
- Assist in the development of quality and performance reporting metrics
- Attend key planning meetings on a weekly basis and as required.
- Participate in project and maintenance meetings with the Client as required.
- Maintain meeting records, agreed actions, and follow up to ensure actions are completed.
- Attend regular SAP asset maintenance management system operational readiness interface and hand over meeting.
- Provide regular feedback to the Planning Supervisor and Planning Manager in relation to SAP asset maintenance management system progress rollout and training, as well as refurbishment engineering and construction progress, and issues impacting on compliance or causing delays.
- Participate in Process Plant cost and schedule reviews to support accurate and timely reporting
- Participate in internal and external construction audits as required.
- Apply best practice, Industry and AGAG standards.
- AGAG Quality systems, policies, procedures and processes.
- Internal project requirements.
- Contribute to the close out of outstanding corrective actions
- Identify and address refurbishment and SAP implementation risks, by communicating potential issues to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Inspect refurbishment and /or maintenance works to validate progress and status.
- Participate in formal monthly risk reviews.
- Utilize management of change process.
- Proactively identify and manage change in assigned area of responsibility to avoid potential cost, schedule and quality issues.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A tertiary qualifications in a relevant (mechanical or electrical) engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as maintenance planner/supervisor in mining operations.
- Project planning highly regarded. Preferably owner’s team, multi-disciplined, design, construction and commissioning experience, with contractor management experience, within a large blue chip mining or resources environment.
- Primavera/MS Project
- Multi-disciplined engineering and construction experience
- Familiar with HSE management systems.
- Managerial leadership and technical skills relevant to the provision of maintenance services.
- Process plant operation and maintenance practices.
- Highly flexible, able to balance competing demands/priorities.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Audit, compliance and governance.
- Able to mentor and coach personnel.
- Ability to present to management and key stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, motivational and organizational skills
- Demonstrated capacity to make sound and timely decisions, by quickly assembling the facts to develop action priorities
- Lead by example, displaying technical and managerial leadership.
- Professional approach to maintaining contractor, authority and client relationships.
- Able to work harmoniously with a diverse array of personnel.
- Mentor and develop personnel.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships, with a range of stakeholders.
- Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Goal-orientated self-starter.
- Maximize performance, solving problems and analysing issues to ensure best for project outcomes.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 7TH MARCH, 2019