Posted on :
13 Sep, 2016
13 Sep, 2016
Guinness Ghana Breweries is a Ghanaian brewery based at the Kaasai Industrial Area in Kumasi. They are listed on the stock index of the Ghana Stock Exchange, the GSE All-Share Index. It formed in 1991.When production started at its inception, the company produced only Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, popularly known as Guinness. The primary depot was at the same position with stores across the country particularly in the south. In 1988/89 another brand, this time non-alcoholic beverage, Malta Guinness was introduced and that became an instant hit capturing almost 70% of that market
Ghana is a growing and dynamic market for Diageo. In order to realize our growth potential we need to ensure that our products are consistently of the highest quality and that we have the right capability in every area of the supply organization.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced brewing professional with a passion for quality and capability development to play a key role in delivering Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd’s strategic ambition over the next 2 years.
Guinness Ghana Breweries Limited (GGBL) operates in a growing but highly comp market where productivity and product quality are critical to business success. The business has seen significant investment over the last few years in terms of capacity and innovation.
To support our growth and agenda we want to recruit a Technical Manager to drive both brewing standards and capability.
Job Title: Technical Manager- Brewing
Purpose of Role
The Technical manager will be responsible for driving production efficiencies and quality improvements to ensure that GGBL consistently comply with Diageo Way of Brewing, Global Risk Management Standards and Food Safety Certification. Capability building within the Brewing function at all levels will be key to success. The person will also be the main link to the Diageo and Heineken Brand Technical centres for support and reporting.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
· Develop and drive quality improvement plans for both breweries. Lead the functional directing of the Brewing staff to ensure efficient and effective running of the brewing department to deliver the stretching Improvement plans using PPMS methodology and achieve the agreed KPI’s.
· Drive Brewing and process capability development through a combination of classroom training, hands on coaching and 1-1 mentoring of brewing personnel.
· Lead the brewing teams in problem solving, troubleshooting, and continuous improvement initiatives. These could include quality, efficiency and cost management initiatives.
· Track and monitor Brewing KPI’s using existing tools for tracking of key brewing KPIs. and lead Brewing improvement plans to deliver KPI’s.
· Lead implementation of global initiatives and ensure brewing compliance to local legislation, DWB, GRMS, FSSC and CODEX standards.
Qualifications and Experience Required
· The Technical Manager must have attained a Master Brewer (IBD) qualification and have at least 5 -10 hands on brewing experience in a high quality, continuous improvement environment.
· In depth knowledge of brewing, liquid processing, quality and governance in relation to a food manufacturing environment.
· Strong understanding and experience of Manufacturing Excellence continuous improvement tools.
· A skilled coach with a passion of capability development.
· An authentic individual with the ability to quickly build credible and effective relationships with a broad range of stakeholders at all levels in the business.
· Strong influencing skills required to gain support and drive change.
This role is based in Accra but will require regular travel to Kumasi and periodically