Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Job Title: Records Administration Supervisor
This role is responsible for the conduct of quality control and assurance in the management of field data and subsequent payment of land related compensation to all eligible persons in the mine communities who have been affected by both temporal and permanent land acquisition. This includes supervision of verification of manual/elctronic data capturing and cash call creation. It demands responsibility , efficiency and timelines of the whole land access related compensation process from field assessment to actual payment to meet expectations of community members.
1. Supervise land access compensation-related data or information into the S&ER database(Isometrix)
- Conduct quality assurance and control in relation to the land access compensation process for exploration and mining area land-takes
- Ensure accuracy and validation of all hard copy and electronic compensation data sets from field to electronic capture
- Liaise with finance to ensure timelines and accuracy in payment protocols
- Work with community relations team to diagnose and resolve complaints and grievance relating to land access compensation(crop, structure, livelihoods and deprivation and land-use.)
- Prepare cash call for finance approval and issuance of payment cheque
- Set-up negotiation rate,mining area land access and exploration projects in the database
- Manage and secure compensation field assessment forms to ensure compliance
2. Archiving and Land Access Compensation Database Management
- Manage hard copy and electronic archived data for referencing and project closure
- Gather technical information/diagnose problems relating to the compensation database
- Perform compensation system change management
- Stock compensation field assessment forms in the database
- Provide responses to support system audit for continous improvement
- Assist in the assessment of use training needs and perform in-house training system users.
- Develop and manage embargo register as input for compliants and grievance resolution
- Prepare payment call report for project owner approval
- Develop dashboard and key performance indicators (KPIs) for land access compensation reporting
- Report all incidents and accidents in the work group to enable management to identify areas for improvment in work practices
- Demonstrate leadership in safety and comply with Newmont Ghana HSLP policies and procedures that involve but are not limited to Safety inspections, Aafety training, Annual Refresher, Safety Talks, Incidents Reporting and investigation etc
- Present information accurately at safety/environment meetings.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification(including Profeessional Registrations)
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, management systems and finance
- Negotiation and Mediation skills
- Good understanding of the local culture
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Accounting, Management and Administration
- Strong communication(written and verbal) skills
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- strong reporting skills
- Numeracy skills
- Strong planning , prioritizing and coordiantion skills
- Strong assessment skills
- A strong conflict resolution skill a must
- Risk Management skills
- Sound computer literacy skills- MS office( Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.)
- Strong Leadership
- Strong detail focus
- Directive and takes initiative
- Honesty and Integrity
- Goal oriented
- Self Motivated
- High quality orientation
- High level of transparency
- Reliable and independent
- Ability to multitask
- There is a potential risk to health and personal abuse in the course of duty
- However, working environment of incumbent is safe. Unsafe conditions have been identified and measures have been put in place either to eliminate or mitigate unsafe working conditions.
- Besides planned work, daily activities are determined by emerging business needs and priorities as dictated by Management. This sistuation leads to performing different tasks at the same time