EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services.
Locally, we are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Globally, we are also united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
Job Title: Advisory Services Manager – Performance Improvement – Supply Chain and Operations
As Performance Improvement Manager, you’ll contribute technically to supply chain & operations, finance and other client engagements and internal projects. An important part of your role will be to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You’ll also identify potential business opportunities for Ernst & Young within existing engagements, and escalate these as appropriate. You will also work with senior managers, directors/partners to develop a portfolio of business by focusing on key opportunities in the market.
Similarly, you’ll anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues with senior members of the team. In line with the firm’s commitment to quality, you’ll confirm that work is of high quality and is reviewed by the next level reviewer. As an influential member of the team, you’ll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
- Participate in and, as required lead engagements
- Manage financial aspects of client engagements and communicate significant issues and developments relating to engagements to directors/partners
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- Help prepare reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Ensure compliance to the firm’s quality and risk management policies and guidelines.
- Understand our full service offerings and people capabilities and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services.
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people-related initiatives including recruitment and coaching of junior members of the advisory service line
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills of staff
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
Technical skills and experience requirements
- Demonstrated track record with a blue chip consulting organization and/or a blue chip organization in industry
- Experience in business transformation, process review, design and implementation
- Strong academic record including an advanced degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Membership of a professional body such as ACCA, ICA Ghana, CPA, CIPS etc would be an advantage
- Experience in change and project management involving finance, supply chain and/or procurement transformation projects
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills
- At least 7 years professional experience as a finance or supply chain practitioner in any of the extractive industries (mining or oil and gas)
- Proficient IT skills (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point)
You’ll have knowledge and experience in one or more of Ernst & Young’s priority industry sectors:
- Government & Public Sector
- Consumer Products
- Financial Services