The Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)/ a world-class center of excellence for training in leadership, management and administration, located at Greenhill, Achimota, invites applications from qualified and dynamic persons to fill the following vacancy.
Job Title: Facilities Manager
The Facilities Manager will provide ongoing preventive and reactive maintenance and liaise with the various departments within the Institute to ensure that all property and maintenance matters are dealt effectively and efficiently.
- The successful candidate shall report to the Assistant Registrar, Development Office.
- Oversight of general maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, equipment and grounds.
The successful candidate shall:
- Oversee all new construction, renovation, and facility improvement projects
- Create a schedule for regular evaluation of facilities
- Solicit bids/estimates for all works to be performed by outside contractors
- Prepare tender documents
- Manage and track all project costs to ensure budget compliance
- Ensure that proper permits and regulations are followed in all projects
- Maintain accurate records of the condition of equipment and other systems in the Institute
- Liaise with insurance companies to ensure that all facilities, equipment, and properties are adequately insured and compliant with legal regulations
- Inspect and maintain fire protection equipment
- Resolve maintenance issues in a timely manner with minimal disturbance to the GIMPA Community
- Review requests for maintenance or repairs, and determine the allocation of resources
- Ensure that agreed work by staff or contractors have been completed satisfactorily and on time and follow up on any deficiencies, thereafter, for timely corrective measures to be implemented
- Plan for future development in line with the Institute’s strategic objectives
- Plan and direct services such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, waste disposal, recycling, installations, troubleshooting and repairs
- Plan and coordinate landscape projects, e.g., planting, spraying, fertilizing, mulching, watering, transplanting, lawn care and maintenance
- Motivate and train employees
- Ensure the safety of employee and participants/students
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned by top management
Terms of Appointment:
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of four (4) academic years in the first instance and may be reappointed for further terms of four (4) academic years each, subject to good performance.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Project Management or Real Estate Management or related area. A Master’s degree would be an advantage
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years post-qualification working experience
- Must have working experience in infrastructural development and projects supervision.
- Must be a member of relevant professional association
- Must have all-around maintenance experience
- Must have the ability to locate and repair faults
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent supervisory skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to work on own initiative
- Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Must have a practical, flexible and innovative approach to work
- Must be computer literate
How to Apply
Applications with CV/resume, cover letter, vision statement, copies of transcripts and certificates should be emailed to [email protected] or sent to the address below:
The School Secretary
Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
P. o. Box AH 50, Achimota,
Prospective applicants should also arrange for letters of recommendation to be e-mailed directly from three (3) referees to the same email address.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All earlier applications and in some cases those who have already been interviewed are still eligible to reapply.