Perseus Mining Limited is engaged in mining operations and sale of gold, mineral exploration and gold project evaluation and development in the Republics of Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire and Burkina Faso, in West Africa. The Company’s segments include Australia, Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire. The Australia segment is engaged in investing activities and corporate management. The Ghana segment is engaged in mining, mineral exploration, evaluation and development activities. The Cote d’Ivoire segment is engaged in mineral exploration, evaluation and development activities. The Company holds over 90% of Edikan Gold Mine (EGM), approximately 90% of Grumesa Gold Project, over 90% of Yaoure Gold Project and approximately 86% of Sissingue Gold Mine. It has commenced exploration at various near-mine prospects, including Bokitsi, Mampong, Pokukrom and the Agyakusu prospecting license. It has also commenced exploration at other prospects in Cote d’Ivoire, including the Mbengue, Mahale and Napie licenses.
Job Title: Technical Services Manager
This role is responsible for providing high-level technical guidance to the Edikan Gold Mine and developing and implementing planning systems across the Company in line with strategic business requirements. Provide technical advice including analysis, mine design specification, production schedules and instructions to the operational team to ensure the successful execution of the strategy for Mine Planning, Geotechnical and Geology to align with the organization’s overall strategy. The successful applicant will have extensive exposure to open pit gold mining.
- Provide high level technical guidance to mining operations to maximise operating efficiencies at all times.
- Ensure maintenance and production system interface/alignment at all times.
- Review medium term mine plans to ensure alignment with long term strategies.
- Develop long term mine plans and communicate to Senior Management as required.
- Liaise with industry service providers to remain abreast of key technological developments /innovations.
- Provide direction and technical expertise in design development and systems integration/optimisation.
- Identify resource and equipment requirements, efficient capacity planning and advice accordingly.
- Develop credible, constructive relationship across Perseus Mining Limited.
- Oversees and is responsible for the preparation of all mining reserves
- Responsible for the optimisation, scheduling and design of the mine
- Oversee and manage preparation of budgets and analyses – all cost and financial aspects of the mining process
- Oversee and responsible for the optimal preparation of all Geotechnical, Grade Control and Geology functions. Liaise with others and have direct input into preparation of Resource models
- Responsible for the preparation and implementation of pit designs and schedules
- Direct and liaise with all stakeholders and consultant who contribute to the preparation and implementation of all mine, geotechnical and geology plans
- Communicate all mining related production data with respect to actual, forecast and budgets in prescribed formats.
- Prepare, evaluate and recommend all matters pertaining to the letting of all mining related Contracts
- Monitor all mining KPI’s and pro-actively prepare measures to remediate any shortfalls.
- Vigorously pursue a process of continuous improvement of all aspects of the mining, geology, geotechnical and surveying processes.
- Ensure all data relating to the Contractor are collated, processed and stored appropriately within the department’s systems for subsequent reporting where appropriate.
- Provide sound technical consultation to EGM General Manager on the management of Mining and the Mining related Contractors.
- Tertiary qualifications in a Mining Engineering/Geology discipline (preferably Masters level qualification).
- Must have Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency from the Ghana Mineral’s Commission or must be able to obtain within 8 months of assuming position
- Significant exposure to Gold mining and processing
- Minimum ten (10) years’ mining/technical services experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing cost down solutions.
- Experience in working within an operational planning process.
- Strong contractor/subcontractor management experience.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a wide array of audiences.
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain credible relationships with key stakeholders.
- Must have good analytical and planning skills to establish and anticipate all technical challenges as they arise.
How To Apply for The Job
Application will only be received by email to:
[email protected] with Technical Services Manager in the subject line of the email.
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunity employer