iDE’s approach is creating demand for household sanitation and hand washing solutions and encouraging local businesses to invest their own resources to serve the demand. The WASH program’s four-pronged approach:
Deepens households’ initial sanitation demand using a marketing approach that engenders behaviour change
Designs and builds the capacity of local businesses to produce and sell affordable and sustainable sanitation solutions
Supports the establishment of local financial mechanisms to facilitate households’ access to sanitation and hygiene solutions
Engages with local government authorities to sensitize them on the importance for enforcing regulations and creating an enabling business environment for the success of entrepreneurs providing a market-based sanitation and hand hygiene solution.
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager (SCM) role is a pivotal position ensuring the end to end service delivery and installation of purchased SAMA SAMA products. The Supply Chain manager will act as a conduit between customers, and all teams within IDE GH’s WASH team ensuring customer care during the purchasing process. The manager will be responsible for enhanced customer and economic value through synchronised management of the flow of physical goods and associated information from sourcing through to consumption.
The Supply Chain Manager (SCM) reports directly to the Business Manager (BM). When necessary, the SCM also works closely with the National Sales Manager, Commercial Operations Manager, and Production Manager to ensure the removal of bottlenecks in the order and service delivery pipeline. The SCM will lead a team of Supply Chain Coordinators.
- Control Order Pipeline: through managing the end to end sales pipeline within MIS Systems, liaising with the appropriate managers to reduce bottlenecks and the time it takes from a customer’s order to the installation of a SAMA SAMA product.
- Ensure On Time Delivery of SAMA SAMA Products: through effective load balancing of orders and assignment to concrete producers,
- Monitoring & Evaluation: collect, record, and report data related to approved orders and installations of SAMA SAMA products, updating the status of an order in the MIS System,
- Logistics & planning support: help coordinate procurement activities, supplies, and logistics for activities, as requested by the business manager,
- Facilitating Payments: to concrete producers and other suppliers for work completed, collecting vouchers and evidence of completed work, liaising with the production team for quality checks.
- Operational Improvements and Customer Service; effectively being the point of contact for customers who have placed orders, ensuring that the WASH team remains customer service focused and acts in a timely manner to all requests, reporting opportunities to improve customer experience,
- Team Leadership; managing a team of supply chain coordinators to effectively allocated and complete sales orders, through liaising with sanitation business owners.
Required Skills or Experience
- Graduated from university with degree in Economics, Marketing or Supply Chain
- At least 7 years work experience in program or service delivery.
- Available for regular travel within assigned provinces and driving skill.
- Experience working in rural areas and with rural communities is an asset
- Knowledge of WASH is an asset
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Microsoft Word and Excel
ATTRIBUTES WE LOOK FOR
- Collaborative and thrives in a team environment where ideas build on one another
- Excited by and open to new ideas and new ways of doing things
- Driven to achieve results
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Able to work under pressure without complaining
- Able to work in a multi–cultural team
- High level of empathy and patience
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, and strong work ethic
- Confident, organized, and good communication skills
- Willingness to take on additional areas of responsibility relevant to the role
- A high level of commitment to IDE’s values and objectives
- A highly responsible approach to all tasks
- Ability to speak Dagbane fluently, any other northern language is advantageous
How to Apply
Please email your Cover Letter and CV to Christine Otchere at [email protected]