The Preventing Violence Against Girls (PVAAG) program aims to contribute to the long-term reduction in the prevalence of VAWG as well as to strengthen the evidence base on what works to mitigate violence against adolescent girls (aged 10-19) in Ghana. The Key Influencers Lead will be responsible for developing activities and community-based interventions related to challenging and changing harmful attitudes and behaviors among key influencers, such as parents and community and religious leaders, that enable violence. She/he reports directly to the Team Leader and will advise the Implementation Team, providing technical direction for project implementation and ensuring the project meets stated goals, expected results, and reporting requirements.
IMA World Health is seeking applications for a Key Influencers Lead for an anticipated DFID-funded violence against women and girls (VAWG) opportunity in Ghana.
Job Title: Key Influencers Lead
- Ensure high-quality technical programming for community-based interventions.
- Develop materials (e.g. curriculum) to be developed for use in challenging harmful attitudes and behaviors.
- Provide requisite and appropriate training for mentors, community members, and other key influencers.
- Ensure high quality program delivery and the cost-effective use of IMA World Health and DFID resources.
The position requires a competent and experienced person with the following attributes:
- A minimum of a university degree in Gender Studies, International Development, Global Health, or a related field is required; Advanced degree in relevant field is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of X years experience working with programming in contexts similar to Ghana; experience working in West Africa and particularly Ghana will be strongly preferred.
- A thorough understanding of the drivers of VAWG, in Ghana and/or the region, will be an asset.
- A professional level of oral and written fluency in English language.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
- Ghanaian Nationals are encouraged to apply.