AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
Job Title: Security Officer – CCTV (Systems Administrator).
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Security Officer – CCTV (Systems Administrator).
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
Responsible for planning, installing, upgrading, configuring, repairing, and maintaining network-based Security systems, including Access Control, Intrusion Alarm, Video Surveillance, Digital Video Recording and other systems supporting the safety and security of AngloGold Ashanti employees, contractors, and facilities. This role will play a critical part in ensuring that the security management plan is successfully implemented for the redevelopment of the Obuasi mine.
- Maintain all systems and equipment in good working order
- Analyze the efficiency of systems by continuously evaluating to system availability and additions requirement for optimization
- Define, develop, synergize, optimize system and administrate procedures.
- Implement contingency plans in case of emergency i.e. systems failure
- Maintain focused surveillance on plant operations to ensure that such operations are conducted.
- Selection of focus/area surveillance to be formulated from request and information received
- Ensure specific tasking on focus and area surveillance to operators.
- Enforce strict adherence to safety roles and accountabilities through daily review of the performance
- Adhere to Health and Safety regulations within the workplace
- Attend departmental Safety Meetings Regularly
- Provide advice to Line management on the evaluation and application of all Security systems by means of well-prepared task execution plans;
- Maintain focused surveillance on plant operations to ensure such activities conforms to the Global Security Standards
- Apply the rules and techniques of Project management to the specific tasks, particularly in time, cost and quality.
- Assist with installation, commissioning, testing, and modification of equipment and effectively manages and controls all contractors on-site;
- Responsible for drone operation
- Implement and maintain a work schedule for Maintenance work (planned maintenance schedules) to ensure all systems and equipment are in good working order.
- Conduct risk assessments and audits in critical areas and other areas of responsibility to ensure existing security measures are efficient and effective.
- Preserve files by performing regular backups; developing procedures for Integrated Electronic Security Systems (IESS) management and disaster preparedness.
- Provide staff and users with assistance: solving IESS related problems including malfunctions and ensure effective utilization of the Global Security Information Management System (GSIMS).
- Prepare “Cost-Benefit” and “Return on Investment” (ROI) analyses to aid in decisions on systems implementation and recommend new security technologies for the mine when necessary.
- Identify measures or indicators for systems performance and actions needed to improve or correct performance related to the attainment of goals of the system.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained on all systems i.e. password, data etc.
- Co-ordinate manpower planning and training for system operators
- Ensure on the job training for sub-ordinates
- Perform regular inspections and audits in accordance with Global Security Framework Standards
- Ensure all systems faults are logged into GSIMS
- Co-ordinate special installations on request when and where needed
- Co-ordinate the effective issuing of access badges to employees, contractors and visitors
- Maintain an appropriate level of essential critical spares for immediate replacement in the event of equipment failure.
- Offer technical assistance to Security Technical team.
- Ensure regular data backup for systems contingencies.
- Ensure all operators are issued with the required training on new software related to the job.
- Ensure procedures for system handling are in place and visible to end-users.
- Submit monthly reports on Control Room operations, systems, equipment, and material utilization as well as repairs, maintenance, and relocations
- Ensure daily checks on faulty equipment’s are logged into GSIMS and actioned
- Ensure daily updates on maintenance schedules and GSIMS updated
- Ensure on the job training for sub-ordinates
- Train subordinates in the operation and utilization of systems and equipment
- Co-ordinate manpower planning and training of systems operators
- Develop and maintain development plans of all operators and Technicians
- Attend scheduled Security meetings when required
- Promote AGAG organizational values e.g. responsible behavior, respect, honesty, and integrity
- Maintain a high level of mental and physical fitness required to perform the job i.e. legal aspect, procedures, and technological advancements and fitness
- Identify and report all Safety and Health hazards.
- Adhere to all Safety and Health regulations.
- Ensure familiarity with site-specific Emergency Evacuation procedures.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Computer Science or a Diploma in systems software
- Must have 2 years strong networking and IT background, including experience installing and maintaining of Cathexis application Platforms, Analogue/ IP based cameras, Wireless networking systems, and computer hardware/software.
- Must have 2 years Field Technical experience supporting network systems, including CCTV Surveillance, Access Control, Intruder Alarm systems, and Information Technology infrastructure.
- Experience and skilled knowledge in investigations will be an advantage
- CCTV Surveillance,
- Access Control,
- Intruder Alarm systems,
- Knowledge in Fibre Optic
- Systems Installations,
- Vehicle Tracking
- Microsoft Certification
- Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross-functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximizing performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with a detailed CVs.