Posted on :
22 Nov, 2016
22 Nov, 2016
Perseus Mining is a dual listed (Australia, Toronto) gold miner and explorer focused on the West African region. Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited (PMGL) has recently commissioned the world-class Edikan gold project in the Western Region of Ghana.
Edikan Gold Mine (EGM) has a current mining reserve of 3.3M oz of gold from a resource base of 4.3M oz. The Edikan processing facility has been designed as a 5.5Mtpa processing facility with the ability to expand this to 7.9Mtpa in the future. The plant is capable of producing at a rate of 220-270,OOOoz gold per annum.
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Purpose of Role:
• The preferred candidate will prepare, examine, and analyse financial reports and records.
• The candidate will also be responsible for the preparation and submission of tax documents and create effective and cost-efficient financial practices and procedures for the Edikan Mine.
• Prepare periodic financial reports to assist in management decision making
• Check for compliance with national laws in all financial documents
• Ensure proper administration of Treasure and Fixed Assets systems
• Establish and maintain good communication channels between departments to allow accurate and timely dissemination of relevant information to the right people
• Understand, interpret and apply relevant Ghanaian tax laws in business transactions
• Liaise with Auditors and Tax Advisors on issues relating to tax and audit
• Ensure timely payment of royalties, national stabilisation levy, corporate tax, withholding tax and PAYE in accordance with Ghanaian Laws.
• Study operational issues and provide financial advice by applying financial principles, best practices and develop recommendations
• Create efficient methods for Accounting and financial record-keeping,
• Any other duties that commensurate the role
Remuneration for the Role: Competitive and Attractive
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting/Commerce from a recognised University
• Chartered Accountant (ACCA, CA, CPA)
• Minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience on operational mine sites or progressive ‘financial responsibility in a multinational company
• Exposure to finance management systems and protocols (ERP)
• Superior understanding of Ghana tax laws
• Must have a strong auditing and tax background
• Reliable, high attention to details and honest
• Must have business acumen
• Must be able to maintain high level of confidentiality.
Location: Western Region
How To Apply For The Job
Application will only be received by email to:
[email protected] with Financial Accountant in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 25 November, 2016
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunity employer