Posted on :
28 Oct, 2016
28 Oct, 2016
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Job Title: Regional M&E Specialist
USAID/Ghana Systems for Health Project , Regional M&E Specialist
• LOCAL HIRE ONLY
• Hours: Full Time
• Location: Tamale, Takoradi, and Ho (one position in each location)
• Length of Contract: One (1) year, renewable
• Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
• Reports to: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor
Division and Project Overview
• USAID/Ghana Systems for Health Project will support improved, sustainable health-service delivery by strengthening systems vital to ensure access and quality while mobilizing communities and building public-private partnerships (PPPs) to maximize coverage. University Research Co., LLC (URC) and its international and Ghanaian partners share the vision that, by 2019, Ghana’s health systems will be sufficiently robust that the Government of Ghana and its health workforce, in direct partnership with the communities they serve, will be able to sustain equitable access to, demand for, and use of high-quality, high-impact health services with reduced external support, especially in the five regions targeted by Systems for Health. URC brings recognized expertise in applying evidence-based, quality-improvement approaches to accelerate the achievement of high-impact health and social outcomes. We stand ready to provide technical expertise in malaria, family planning/reproductive health, nutrition, quality improvement, and management strengthening.
• The USAID-funded Ghana Systems for Health Project is seeking an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist. Under the supervision of the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor, the M&E Specialist will collect, track, and analyze data for the project, in collaboration with Ghana Health Service staff and partners in the region. He/she will be responsible for contributing to required reports and ensuring both the validity and the quality of data collected. He/she will carry out responsibilities in accordance with the USAID-approved Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP).
Roles and Responsibilities
• Provide support to the implementation of the project’s PMP.
• Support improved data collection, analysis, and use of key project indicators by Ghana Health Service, USAID, and local partners, including support to surveillance systems and the use of data for timely and effective decision making and planning.
• Build the skills of, and support, facility- and community-based partners in M&E procedures so that data is generated in a uniform manner and partners understand the meaning of indicators upon which data is collected.
• Support regular data collection, conduct analyses, and prepare reports in collaboration with the Accra-based M&E team
• Verify validity and quality of monitoring data from the field, including use in reports on performance.
• Contribute to the preparation of quarterly performance reports with program staff and partners.
• Participate in and support the project implementation team’s documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and best practices.
• Other duties, as assigned by the Senior M&E Advisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in public health or related field
• Minimum five years of relevant work experience in program monitoring and evaluation
• Previous experience working for USAID-funded health projects
• Strong knowledge of Ghana Health Service standard operating procedures in health information management
• Willingness to travel extensively throughout the five regions supported by the project
• Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana for an indefinite period without need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Location: Tamale, Ho, and Takoradi
How To Apply For The Job
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter to:-
[email protected] Indicating “Regional M&E Specialist” and region (Northern, Western, Central, Greater Accra, or Volta) in the subject line.
Closing Date: 05 November, 2016
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the experience & qualifications required for this position will be contacted. No phone calls, please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce Minimum Qualifications
Thank you very much for your interest.