Posted on :
4 May, 2017
4 May, 2017
THE ANGLICAN DIOCESAN DEVELOPMENT AND RELIEF ORGANISATION (ADDRO) is a registered non-profit, non-governmental organization that seeks to transform life and uphold human dignity and justice for all people, irrespective of ethnicity, sex, religious or political affiliations. It seeks to recruit a suitable and qualified person for the following position to implement a Community-Based Malaria control project in partnership with Comic Relief, UK.
Job Title: Book Keeper/ Accounts Officer
The Accounts Officer shall be responsible for the management of the financial resources related to the Comic Relief supported the project with supervision from the Finance and Administrative Manager who creates the organization’s financial statements.
His/her primary responsibilities shall include:
• Manage and keep financial records
• Assist in preparing budgets
• Transact financial and business obligations
• Compile regular financial reports
• Purchase and monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary
• Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
• Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
• Maintain a petty cash system
• Assemble information for annual audit
• Provide clerical and administrative support to the organization’s secretariat
• Do other jobs as and when the organization deems fit
Age limit: 28 years and above
Qualification Required & Experience
• Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or related field.
• At least 3 years work experience in the related field excluding national service
• Knowledge of the three northern regions’ environment and culture is an added advantage.
• Ability to undertake field visits and interact with project officer and stakeholders;
• Demonstrated ability in report writing and presentation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (word and excel, Outlook, etc.) and data programs
• Must have the ability to work in a team
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Good typing and accuracy skills
• Must have proactive attitude: willingness and ability to take initiative
• Ability to recognize and analyze problems, and develop solutions to them
How to Apply
All applications with photocopies of relevant certificates should be addressed to:
The Board Chairman/Executive Director
Anglican Diocesan Development and Relief Organisation (ADDRO)
P.O. Box 545
Bolgatanga Upper East Region
Closing Date: 14 May 2017
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.