Posted on :
29 Mar, 2018
29 Mar, 2018
The Senior Manager Underground Infrastructure is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all construction activities and plans to ensure Obuasi Project surface infrastructure objectives and milestones are achieved in-line with defined expectations and best for project outcomes. This includes managing, overseeing and monitoring all surface new build activities, tailings storage facility (TSF) and other surface infrastructure construction works. Managing the EPCM contractor and subcontractors to ensure works are undertaken in-line with health, safety and environmental obligations, design specifications, quality, Project budget and schedule. The position is a key senior leadership team role, and requires extensive multi-disciplined construction experience, outstanding coordination, communication, management and stakeholder engagement skills.
Job Title: Senior Manager – Underground infrastructure
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor Degree or equivalent
• Must have 20+ years project engineering construction experience.
• Recent major project delivery experience, preferably within a large blue chip mining or resources environment.
• Multi-disciplined, design, construction and commissioning experience, and have effectively managed teams, preferably within an owner’s team environment, with EPCM contractor and or subcontractor management experience.
• As required by in-country specific legislative requirements
• Multi-disciplined construction experience.
• Ability to resolve design and construction conflicts.
• Clear understanding of Quality and HSE management systems
• Highly flexible, able to balance competing demands/priorities
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Self-motivated, with the ability to work within multiple project teams with.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
• Manage conflict.
• Able to mentor and coach personnel.
• Defined timeframes and budgets.
• Ability to present to executives and key stakeholders
• Strong understanding of fundamental project management practices including:
• WBS (scope control)
• Cost management
• Schedule management
• Document control
• Risk management
• Change management
• Earned Value Management
• Contracts and subcontract
• Audit, compliance and governance
Health, Safety and Environment
• Ensure construction workforce safety targets are achieved.
• Adhere to HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
• Demonstrate behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values. Lead by example at all times to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed to ensure tasks are performed without the risk of injury or harm to themselves, others and the environment.
• Continuously seek learning opportunities to improve safety performance.
• Support the Project Director and Obuasi Management team in all underground infrastructure project engineering and construction matters.
• Provide early construction input into the design and constructability process, ensuring safe constructability remains a priority. This includes but not limited to HAZID’s and HAZOP’s, cost and schedule development and ongoing reviews.
• Review and approve drawings, specification and all relevant technical and non technical documents issued by EPCM and/ or contractors.
• Key engineering and construction representative manage and lead multi-disciplined project construction functions, with a strong safety, cost, schedule, and quality focus.
• Advise and guide the project team on best practice and fit for purpose engineering and construction outcomes.
• Strong understanding of Quality, HSE management systems.
• Drive and champion the safety-first value and apply the principle into both design and field activities.
• Key interface role, to effectively manage the EPCM services contractor and other contractors.
• Ensure contractor’s construction activities meet the approved design specification.
Plans, Procedures, Standards and Documentation
• Develop and maintain the Construction Management Plan, specifically the underground infrastructure activities, as a key sub plan to the Project Execution Plan.
• Provide input and support into establishing and maintaining relevant Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), budget, schedule, and construction work packs.
• Oversee the construction Requests for Information (RFI) and Technical Query (TQ) process.
• Provide input into HSE plan.
• Review and input into construction contractor procurement process.
• Ensure compliance with:
• Relevant legislation,
• Applicable codes
• Industry and AGAG standards
• AGAG Quality, HSE and Human Resources (HR) management systems, policies, procedures and processes.
• Project reporting and administration requirements.
Progress and Performance Reporting
• Monitor progress of engineering and construction works, advise progress and status in a timely manner to the management team, particularly potential cost, schedule or quality variances.
• Monitor (assess, record and feedback) contractor performance in the delivery of project outcomes.
• Review and provide feedback regarding contractor’s progress claims.
• Identify and address construction risks early, by communicating to appropriate stakeholders.
• Participate in formal risk review sessions.
Quality Management, Witness Testing and Inspection
• Inspect works to ensure construction activities are undertaken in accordance with engineering designs, contract specifications and authority requirements.
• Oversee and witness inspections and testing regimes to ensure quality and or performance is in line with obligations and expectations
• Project Director.
• Design Engineers, to resolve potential design issues that may occur.
• Project Services, contract and procurement, reporting on progress and productivity, change management, cost and schedule, risk and opportunities.
• EPCM Contractor.
• Third Party Contractors.
• Commissioning Manager.
• Operational Readiness team.
• Continuously identify opportunities to improve cost, schedule, quality and safety outcomes to all engineering and construction activities undertaken.
Audit, Governance and Compliance
• Participate in internal and external construction audits as required.
• In conjunction with the Commissioning manager develop the commissioning plan.
• Coordinate engineering and construction labour and resources (plant and equipment) to support the commissioning process.
How to Apply
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should forward their applications, with detailed CV by email to the Human Resources Manager: [email protected]
Closing Date: 06 April, 2018