AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Reliability Engineer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Reliability Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing and reviewing equipment maintenance strategies, reliability-centred maintenance (RCM) tactics, and defect elimination projects in order to improve equipment reliability and asset integrity of the mine plant and equipment. The role holder will be directly managing condition monitoring technicians throughout the construction and commissioning stages, to ensure all data points are captured and managed within the SAP platform, against world-class standards.
- Identify potential safety incidents related to equipment reliability and develop mitigative action plans
- Route improvement plans through the Health and Safety Department as necessary for review, approval, and clarification of safety procedures
- Issue safety related instructions to employees at the workplace top any unsafe work
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Manage and optimize the hydrocarbon management through defect elimination and condition monitoring processes
- Mentor backups (sectional defect elimination and condition monitoring champions) by bringing them in for hands-on training in data review and analysis, meeting responsibilities, and routine reliability engineering tasks
- Propose candidates for backup and training
- Coordinate improvement project execution
- Assign tasks to improvement project team members
- Reliability Engineering Planning
- Develop, modify and implement PM/PdM work packages
- Monitor the predictive maintenance program for effectiveness
- Develop RCM tactics that will determine the maintenance program
- Conduct FMECA analysis for critical spares
- Provide support and technical advice/information on equipment maintenance and repairs to TFM/CM team
- Acquire condition monitoring data and analyze and further take proactive measures to prevent imminent failures to reduce maintenance cost.
- Facilitate and perform Root Cause Analysis as required.
- Develop, prioritize and communicate strategic reliability improvement projects, carefully considering the result they would have on productivity of the mine site.
- Plan and lead the execution of short-term reliability improvements
- Proactively review maintenance data and identify opportunities to reduce maintenance cost or improve equipment performance.
- Mentor backups in data review and analysis, meeting responsibilities, and routine reliability engineering tasks
- Manage the defect elimination process
- Work with the planner and scheduler to develop RCM based work packages
- Identify and engage suitable external resources to complete specialist predictive maintenance tasks.
- Supervise all condition monitoring activities on the mine including laser vibration analysis, thermography survey, lubrication management, laser alignment, ultrasonic inspections, MPI / DPI, and other statutory inspections to ensure that defects are picked up early enough and addressed.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Propose cost savings projects
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Lead meetings & workshops (FMECA, RCA, etc.) and report on them
- Audit Engineering & maintenance activities and report progress
- Work with planner and scheduler on work package and schedule requirements
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical or Maintenance Engineering or equivalent.
- Masters’ Degree in Management will be an advantage
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses
- An experienced QA/QC engineer with 10+ years’ experience in the reliability and condition monitoring of Surface Processing Plant, Surface and Underground Mine and Support Infrastructure maintenance
- Experience in management and QA/QC on contractor work
- Experience of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module and its role in reliability/condition monitoring/recording
- Knowledge of statistics in reliability analysis
- Knowledge in condition monitoring and related statistics
- Must possess Engineering Superintendent’s Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body
- Strong QC/QA competencies
- Strong maintenance competencies in fixed plants
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties. Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help co-workers
- Able to work with different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 7TH MARCH, 2019.