Posted on :
14 Aug, 2018
14 Aug, 2018
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ghana Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Asanko Gold Inc., a Company which has builtthe Asanko Gold Mine, Ghana’s newest gold mine. The vision of Asanko is to become a mid-tier gold mining company that maximizes value for all stakeholders.
AGGL is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role below. This is a Fixed term position with a competitive work roster. Remuneration package includes attractive salary. This is a challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to
demonstrate his/her abilities.
Position: Mechanical Supervisor
• Directs, maintains and enforces the safety programs; assist to review safety policies and procedures to uphold
standards of maximum safety for all maintenance personnel;
• Coordinates or installs, inspects, repairs and maintain mechanical engineering equipment;
• Supervises and assigns work to mechanical technicians and Inspects work for completeness;
• Maintains function and reliability of plant equipment by implementing a preventive maintenance program;
repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
• Control sectional maintenance budget and spending
• Responsible for the conduct of planned mechanical maintenance services, control of labour and the
procurement of materials for unscheduled and emergency work;
• Maintain effective Health and Safety systems, including completion of risk assessments and SOP’s.
• Ensure housekeeping, productivity, and quality of work standards are maintained, most especially within the
mechanical maintenance department.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by his supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution;
• Five (5) years mechanical engineering experience preferably in the mining industry;
• Five (5) years supervisory experience preferably in the mining industry;
• Having Minerals Commission’s certificate of competence would be advantageous
• A member of Ghana Institute of Engineers (GhIE)
• Problem solving and decision making skills;
• Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods and procedures to work situation;
• Dynamic knowledge and understanding of engineering practices in the Mining environment;
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, database management;
• Medically fit for the position and environment;
• Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license.
How To Apply For The Job
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
• Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role
you are applying for
• Limit your CV to 4 pages
• Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
• List your most recent positions first
• Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
• Please ensure you email [email protected] when applying for a job.
• Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
How to Apply
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to: Unit Manager – HR & Administration, Asanko Gold Ghana Limited No. 4, Sir Arku Korsah Road, Airport Residential Area, P. O. Box CT 6153, Accra-Ghana Or email:[email protected]
Closing Date: 18 August, 2018 Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.