IOI Corporation Berhad (MYX: 1961) commonly referred to as IOI, was incorporated on 31 October 1969 as Industrial Oxygen Incorporated Sdn Bhd. IOI is one of Malaysia’s biggest conglomerates that started off from industrial gas manufacturing. It ventured into property development in 1982, followed by oil palm plantations in 1985. As at June 2009, IOI Group employs more than 30,000 personnel of more than 23 different nationalities in 15 countries.
IOI is listed on the main board of the KLSE (now known as Bursa Malaysia). Subsidiaries IOI Properties Berhad and IOI Oleochemical Industries Berhad (Industrial Products) were separately de-listed from the exchange and duly privatised under IOI Corporation Berhad in April 2009 and March 2006, respectively.
In line with our ambitious strategy for growth, IOI Loders Croklaan is expanding its Shea Business in Ghana.
Job Title: Finance Manager Ghana (Expat)
In this position, you will be responsible for the West African financial management and reporting. You will oversee the West African operations and support local financial officers pro-actively and upon request.
You will counterpart with the finance department from the Global Headquarters in the Netherlands.
Our ideal candidate has a Master’s degree in Finance, a minimum of 5 years’ of relevant accounting experience and experience within a manufacturing company.
You will report to the Project Manager Support & Operations Ghana.
Your tasks will include the following:
- Reporting statutory and towards headquarters in the Netherlands;
- Responsible for the preparation of the local account of our Ghanaian entities;
- Assist in the development of financial reports for local and head office purposes;
- Maintain relationships with auditors, banks, tax & other governmental institutions;
- Implement and keep compliance with various regulations (IFRS / accounting / tax / treasury / etc);
- Further optimize our current ERP system (SAP) for optimal utilization and efficient reporting;
- Optimize financial practices to ensure required financial control;
- Inventory & costing process control;
- Assist Shea Back office in ad-hoc reporting requests;
- Frequent traveling throughout the region of West Africa (Ghana, Burkina Faso, Benin, Togo);
- Oversee finance activities of other African entities for improvement in reporting and increased financial control;
- Track and monitor cash flows;
We expect from you:
- Master in Finance or certified accountant;
- A passion for Africa and willing to move to Ghana for a minimum of 2 years;
- Experience or educational international background;
- Fluency in English, business level;
- A minimum of 5 years’ of relevant accounting experience;
- Key user of ERP systems (such as SAP);
- Strong IFRS knowledge;
- Competent to use MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Key user Excel;
- Driving license B;
- Willing to be available outside office hours in case of urgent matters;
- Dedication and taking ownership
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in a West African country (especially Ghana);
- Strong understanding of ERP
- Experience within a manufacturing environment;
- Additional languages such as French or Dutch;
- Subscribe to a high ethical and professional code of conduct and pledge to represent the company with the highest of professional standards;
- Diplomatic personality;
- Strong planning and executing skills;
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on deadlines. Cool under pressure;
- A high level of energy and self-starter with the ability to think independently and take initiative with minimal direction;
- Strong communication and networking skills with dynamic approach to people;
- Proven ability to manage projects from beginning to completion (doesn’t give up), ‘can-do’ attitude;