Posted on :
9 May, 2019
9 May, 2019
The Librarian is the hed of the University Library.
• The Librarian shall be responsible for the provision of adequate and current information resources to support teaching, learning and research of the University
• The librarian is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor in the management of the University Library
• All other functions of the librarian are as prescribed by the statutes of the University
Job Title: Librarian
Qualification Required & Experience
The candidate for the position
• Possess a postgraduate degree in library or information science related studies. A PhD in library or information science will be an advantage
• Have served as a Deputy Librarian in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least 6 years
• Be conversant with library software or library records management software which is consistent with the University’s vision and mission
• Be a scholar and a member of a professional body in librarianship/information science
• Have a minimum of 15 cumulative publications
• Have proven capacity to motivate, manage and direct staff
• Exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organizational skills
• Be able to ensure that adequate library and information resources are available to meet the needs of faculty and students within assigned budget
• Be able to ensure equitable access to information resources, services, facilities and systems in physical or virtual environments
• Be computer literate
• Be able to serve a full 4 year term before attaining the compulsory retiring age of 60 years
Terms of Appointment
• The appointment, which is full-time, shall be for 4 years in the first instance and may be renewed, subject to satisfactory performance, for only another term of 4 years or part thereof.
• Salary and Conditions of service attached to the position aer very attractive and comparable to those in analogous Universities in Ghana
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit an application letter together with the following:
• Six (6) copies of Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees; and
• A statement of candidate’s vision for the University, which should not exceed three pages.
• The application should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for Registrar of Koforidua Technical University” The marked applications for each of the positions should reach any one of the following addresses in both hard and soft copies not later than Monday, 13th May, 2019.
The Chairman Search Committee for: Registrar Mr. Edward Asante Antwi C/o Head, General Administration Koforidua Technical University (KTU) PO Box KF 981 Koforidua, E/R Soft copies must be forwarded to: [email protected] OR The Chairman Search Committee for: Registrar C/o The Office Manager Universities of Ghana Overseas Office Ghana Universities House 321 City Road London ECIV ILJ United Kingdom Soft copies must be forwarded to:[email protected]
Closing Date: 13 May, 2019