World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
Job Title: Field Assistant – Sustainable Livelihoods
- The Field Assistant for the Building Capacity for Sustainable Livelihoods and Health through Public-Private Linkages in Agriculture and Health Project will assist the Project Officer in conducting all field level management and coordination of the CIDA funded World Vision project in Ghana.
- He/she will be involved in community mobilization, nutrition and health education of communities in Upper Manya Krobo District (UMKD), provide supportive supervision of Mother-to-Mother Support Groups in UMKD, support capacity building efforts for improved nutrition for GHS, MOFA and Upper Manya Krobo Rural Bank (UMKRB) staff and/or agents in UMKD and support documentation of project implementation process as per the project requirements and Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between McGill University and World Vision Inc.
- He/she will work closely with the Project Officer, Project Coordinator and partners in the realization of the project goal and objectives.
- The Field Assistant will support in ensuring CWB is realized by engaging communities in the operational area to engender their involvement for sustainable and integrated project implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- The position is based in Asesewa
- S/He reports to the Project Manager
- Build relationship within communities as catalyst, broker and facilitator, working with partners and various stakeholders towards high community involvement, support and participation in project planning & implementation with the involvement of relevant stakeholders;
- Support Project Officer in effective project planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting processes relevant to assigned areas to enhance community participation and ownership of project activities;
- Support Project Officer to prepare and submit quality reports and other project documents, including case studies and stories of human interest, to Project Coordinator as required;
- Support in facilitation of an on-going community- led co-creation and design process and monitor implementation to ensure that project interventions reflect the needs, opportunities, and capacities of the communities;
- Support communities and partners in reflection and other learning processes so that lessons are incorporated to inform future work;
- Support ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the project according to the LEAP framework and ensure that learning and documentation of lessons learned and best practices inform management decision making.
- Perform other duties as required
Required Skills or Experience
- BSc, Nutrition
- Critical and analytical thinking skills;
- Strong communicator at all levels with interpersonal skills, ability and commitment to listen to others;
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills;
- Skills in mentoring and coaching, especially of CBO leadership at the community level;
- Demonstrate commitment to the empowerment of the poor in rural communities;
- Ability to work in a team and to lead teams;
- Openness to and eagerness to learn – especially to embrace change and new innovations as well as divergent opinions;
- Innovation and creativity;
- Computer Literate;
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and key partners;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate commitment to WV’s mission and core values;
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities;
- Willingness to live and work in difficult and challenging terrains and communities;
- Ability to adapt easily to different contexts and work under pressure;
- Strong passion for children and their wellbeing;
- Willing to perform other duties as required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should apply through
World Vision Website:
The deadline for submission of application is 10th August.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.
All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply