Esoko is changing how businesses manage smallholder farmers, suppliers and clients through the effective use of mobile/web innovations. Esoko offers to its clients:
- Fasiba: An innovative solution that enables farmers to save and borrow toward the purchase of discounted agro-inputs on our platform
- Insyt: A powerful survey tools which has redefined how governments, NGO’s, and commercial clients obtain and analyze rural data.
Job Title: Senior Android Developer
Esoko is changing how businesses manage smallholder farmers, suppliers and clients through the effective use of mobile/web innovations. The Senior Android Developer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. The successful candidate’s primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. He/She will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Mentor other team members
Required Skills or Experience
- Extensive knowledge of Android’s resource system and experience developing for multiple screens, form factors, and densities
- Experience with RESTful web services using XML/JSON data formats
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Experience with Android Market place & Distribution Process
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Experience with or exposure to a wide variety of Android APIs: e.g., location services, GCM, animations, gestures, in-app billing, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Bachelor’s degrees
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional android development
- Passionate about working in a business with strong social impact
- Passionate about innovative technology
- Have a consultative approach to problem-solving for clients
How to Apply
We actively promote diversity, creativity, and professionalism in the workplace. To learn more about the position and the company, visit about.esoko.com.
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected]