Posted on :
18 Sep, 2017
18 Sep, 2017
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems and improving delivery of care. Jhpiego designs innovative, effective and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers
to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.
Job Title: Knowledge Management/Communications Officer
The Ghana Country Office of Jhpiego Corporation is currently looking for passionate and dynamic persons to fill the following position: Knowledge Management/Communications Officer
• Raise the profile and visibility of Jhpiego in Ghana. S/he will communicate the work of Jhpiego to key constituents, including but not limited to the Government of Ghana, donor agencies, policy makers, partner organizations, the media, and academic and research institutions. S/he will communicate the mission, projects, events, resources and success stories as well as plan and coordinate promotional events and develop strategic communications, to various targeted audiences.
S/he will direct the development of multi-media user friendly communications for all Jhpiego activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
i. Communications Strategy
• Update and implement the communication strategy for Jhpiego Ghana in consultation with the project staff and the Global Communications team.
• Interact and strategize with the Communications team at the Baltimore office to understand the Global Communication strategy and practices.
• Develop capacity building activities for staff to enhance their ability to communicate about project achievements.
ii. Success Stories
• Work with the programme team to develop success stories and to explore opportunities for potential program highlights.
• Interview identified clients, providers, program managers to develop success stories.
iii. Photos and Video Database
• Compile/collate program-related photographs and videos.
• Catalogue photos and videos and prepare a central repository.
• Ensure that project teams are taking good quality photos and are adhering to Jhpiego’s communication policy.
iv. Materials & Report Development
• Provide support to program teams to develop effective communication tools and IEC materials.
• Support program teams to draft, editing and formatting programme documents, including communication deliverables such as newsletters, brochures, flyers, job aids, ads, promotional videos and slideshows.
• Ensure proper branding and marking of Jhpiego and program materials and activities as per Jhpiego or program-specific branding and marking guidelines
• Assist with developing and producing documents, reports and presentations according to Jhpiego guidelines for internal program needs and externally for dissemination.
• Document literature reviews on MCSP and contribute to program discussions.
v. Media Coverage and Stakeholder Engagement
• Ensure that Jhpiego is appropriately and effectively represented at public health events and conferences.
• Ensure that activities and achievements are covered in the local media.
• Support programme team to manage media at project events (I.e. drafting talking points).
• Coordinate and direct regular updates on new technical knowledge, approaches and successes to the Government and to Jhpiego
• Maintain updated project and technical briefs.
vi. Internal Jhpiego Communications
• Manage and support knowledge sharing efforts including staff participation in webinars, seminar series (BBLs) presentations, events, online discussions, mailing lists (internal, and for Jhpiego/Ghana stakeholders) and communities of practice
• Track, assess and respond to internal communication requirements, when required.
• Update headquarters staff quarterly on key activities and achievements such as success stories.
• Maintain, develop and regularly showcase Ghana’s presence on Jhpiego website, social media, my.Jhpiego, program intranet platforms and other communications
• Undertake all other activities as instructed by the supervisors towards furthering organizational objectives.
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least 5-years’ experience in Communications.
• Previous experience in the health development sector working on USAID funded programs preferred.
• Advanced degree preferred in Communications related field
• Excellent facilitation, oral and written Communication skills.
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, PageMaker, Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel graphics are required.
• Excellent organizational skills, detailed-oriented and high degree of accuracy required.
• Strong analytical skills and sound judgement.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of team.
• Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
How To Apply
Qualified persons are required to send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and application letter to: [email protected]
Deadline for the submission of applications: September 22, 2017. Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Jhpiego Corporation is an equal opportunities employer.