Posted on :
30 Aug, 2017
30 Aug, 2017
The NIA was set up in 2003 under the Office of the President with the mandate to issue national ID cards and manage the National Identification System (NIS). This resulted in the passing of the National Identification Authority Act, 2006 (Act 707) to give it the necessary legal premises on which to operate. The National Identity Register Act, 2008 (Act 750) was also passed to give authorization for collection of personal and biometric data and to ensure the protection of privacy and personal information of enrollees/applicants.
Job Title: Registration Supervisor(Regional And District)
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general of the Chief Registration Supervisor, the successful applicant shall:
• make frequent visits to each registration centre in the district for which the registration supervisor is responsible
• Ensure that the essential registration materials are available at every registration centre.
• Ensure that prescribed registration procedures are complied with at every registration centre
• Promptly submit to the Executive Secretary written report in respect of any lapses in the discharge of duty by an official responsible for the registration.
• Perform any other duties as many be assigned by the Executive Secretary or a person authorised by the Executive Secretary
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of a Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited tertiary institution or equivalent professional qualification
• Demonstrated competence, Knowledge, Skills and ability in supporting/conducting, organizing and managing mass registration activities.
• Ability to supervise officials and work teams and compile periodic reports.
• Five(5) years relevant experience
The successful applicant must be:
• Computer literate
• Willing to work for long hours
• Able to work in a team
• Able to deal effectively with challenging field operational issues.
• Able to communicate clearly and listen attentively
• Able to work with a little or no supervision.
Location: Nationwide Recruitment
How to Apply
All interested persons should send a cover letter, a current curriculum vitae (CV) and copies of relevant certificates to the address below: The Director of Human Resources National Identification Authority p.o.Box M680, Ministries Post Office, Accra OR Contact Email: [email protected]
Note: Please state the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Closing Date: 31 August 2017