Posted on :
17 Jan, 2017
17 Jan, 2017
Turning Point Farms Ltd is company registered under the company’s code of Ghana 1963 Act 179, with a five board member. The company operate in over 300 communities in the Northern and Upper East regions of Ghana with over 13,500 farmers and still counting. The company operate an out grower model that put farmers into groups and assist them in the production, as well as the marketing of their produce hence ensuring a complete value chain. The company also assist these farmers with sources of quality agriculture services and farm inputs by helping groups acquire machinery through minimal contribution schemes. We give support to the farmers in the form of providing services such as land preparation, planting, harvesting, storage, transport and distribution and marketing of their produce.
Our clients are mostly based in the rural areas where the core livelihood activities are farming and other agro related activities. The company has gained 100% loyalty from customers who largely depend on us for the progress of their activities. As an agro company, our bankers are Unibank Ghana Ltd with logistics supplies to be established with Sonalika International, (West Africa Agrotech Company Ghana Limited) to be the key suppliers of all agriculture machinery and other agro support services such as irrigation, yet to be included in our products.
Job Title: Credit Control Officer
To proactively maximise debts collections, remain within budget on bad debts and minimize risk to the company. To ensure that all farmers loan ledger and credit control tasks are completed to time.
Responsible To: Deputy Finance Controller
• Confirm, print, sort and reconcile farmers outstanding with system balances.
• Update business objectives and daily farmers’ loan recovery records.
• Reconcile the bank statement, provide accurate recovery information to Data entry for posting customer receipts onto relevant farmers’ loan recovery ledger accounts with the highest accuracy and debits as appropriate.
• Deal with and resolve queries
• Monitors overdue payments by use of a spreadsheet
• Attend debtors meeting with Sales and Finance directors
• Update corporate sales figures information sheet
• Email and post statements of accounts
• Maintains accurate and up to date customer details and account records
• Update debtors balance on credit monitoring facility
• Attend to all tasks commensurate with the role
• Any additional tasks that reflect the business needs
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must exhibit Rowlinson values; trust, care, be better
• Previous experience in a credit control role is essential
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• PC literate; especially Word, Excel, email /Outlook-must be used to working with different Accounting systems.
• Must be comfortable working in a warehouse office, open plan environment and be prepared to help in other areas of the business as required.
• Ability to manage workload and deadlines effectively
• Must be a team player and be flexible
• Attention to detail
• Must be confident in dealing with customer queries, including those of a difficult nature as we adopt affirm but fair approach to cash collections
• Experience in legal debt collection processes would be advantageous
• HND and Degree in Accounting. Previous Working Experience from Academic Institution is a PLUS.
• Working Experience: 1-5years.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants with CVs should be sent to:
Closing Date: 25 January, 2017
Applications submitted after this date will not be considered. Only qualified applicants will be contacted