Posted on :
17 Jan, 2017
17 Jan, 2017
Turning Point Farms Ltd is company registered under the company’s code of Ghana 1963 Act 179, with a five board member. The company operate in over 300 communities in the Northern and Upper East regions of Ghana with over 13,500 farmers and still counting. The company operate an out grower model that put farmers into groups and assist them in the production, as well as the marketing of their produce hence ensuring a complete value chain. The company also assist these farmers with sources of quality agriculture services and farm inputs by helping groups acquire machinery through minimal contribution schemes. We give support to the farmers in the form of providing services such as land preparation, planting, harvesting, storage, transport and distribution and marketing of their produce.
Our clients are mostly based in the rural areas where the core livelihood activities are farming and other agro related activities. The company has gained 100% loyalty from customers who largely depend on us for the progress of their activities. As an agro company, our bankers are Unibank Ghana Ltd with logistics supplies to be established with Sonalika International, (West Africa Agrotech Company Ghana Limited) to be the key suppliers of all agriculture machinery and other agro support services such as irrigation, yet to be included in our products.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Responsible To: Operations Manager
• Demonstrated familiarity with and understanding of qualitative and quantitative monitoring & evaluation methodologies that incorporate rigorous statistical methods, impact evaluation, participatory monitoring and evaluation techniques
• Proven experience in leading and managing programmes and projects
• Strong communications skills required for extensive report and proposal writing
• Advance experience with Excel, demonstrated skills in statistical analysis and management information systems, Microsoft Office suite Access and other databases formats
• Conduct data cleaning, validation and verification of field-level data (identifying concerns).
• Support the design and development of mobile data collection apps/tools and databases;
• Review existing external documents and data, contribute key learnings and findings to the company data knowledge database.
• Undertake regular field monitoring and data collection activities to track progress and impact.
• Support the Programme coordinator and Supply-Chain Project Coordinator in preparing technical progress reports.
• Provide support to programme staff on data collection needs and relevant trainings to strengthen the capacity of staff on monitoring and evaluation.
• Develop data collection training materials, train enumerators, and manage field data collection teams and processes.
Qualification Required & Experience
The ideal candidate should:
• Hold a first degree in statistics, Project Management, Sociology, Economics or Community Development
• Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in managing and executing Monitoring and Evaluation activites for donor-funded programmes. Experience should be include conducting assessments and surveys, proposal development, programme design, selecting indicators, implementing monitoring and evaluation plans, data analysis and results framework
• Be a motivated self-starter with initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm
• Strategic thinker combined with practical “can do” attitude
• Strong analytical decision – making and problem-solving skills
• Possess strong supervisory, organisational and time management skills with precision to meet deadlines
• Team player & ability to coordinate with Heads of departments and projects
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants with CVs should be sent to:
Closing Date: 25 January, 2017