Support Account Receivable Activities in Vodafone Ghana to ensure all receivables are properly accounted for and are recoverable and the accounts are fully reconciled.
Support Commissions computation and liaise with all stakeholders to ensure timely payment of commissions and also ensure cost efficiency is maximized
Job Title: Account Receivables & Commission Analyst
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts under area of responsibility, and ensure transactions posted into wrong accounts are corrected and aged items are properly tracked with clear action plans and the make-up of the balances on the balance sheet is clearly understood.
- Ensure all trade and other receivable balances are fully supported and reconciled every month.
- Ensure the complete, accurate and timely accounting of receivable transactions (Managing invoice to payment process)
- Provide back-office support to Credit and Collection and Commercial on Accounts receivable activities.
- Investigate and clear all customer balances to avoid over aged (90+days) balance in the receivables account.
- Ensure SSC receive responses to all queries and support they need to complete Accounts Receivable duties.
- Review the adequacy of provision based on monthly assessment of aged receivable balances
- Compute commissions on a periodic basis for Vodafone agents.
- Perform reconciliations after payment run to ensure all agents who fall-outs are duly paid
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts under area of responsibility and ensure transactions posted into wrong accounts are corrected and aged items are properly tracked with clear action plans and the make-up of the balances on the balance sheet is clearly understood.
- Review the adequacy of accruals held for commissions on a monthly basis
- Establish and maintain good working relation with other employees within the Finance Operations Team, Shared Service Centre, and externally with Revenue Management, Credit and Collections and Commercial Make contribution towards developing strong controls for financial processes and improving accurate recording of financial transactions.
- Collaborate effectively with other departments within Vodafone Ghana to facilitate accurate and timely accounting for financial transactions
- Provide relevant documentations required for internal & external audit purposes
- Work with SSC to reconcile receivable and commission accounts.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or comparable education
- Qualified or Part Qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years work experience with at least 3 years in an accounting or a similar finance role
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing deliverables
- Telecom industry experience a Plus
- Computer literate, strong in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good communicator, both written and oral – Confident in liaising at all levels
- Proven analytical skills, and the ability to work well under pressure to extremely tight deadlines
- To have good understanding of financial transactions and accounting for them
- Experience in reconciliation and reporting
- To be knowledgeable in the use of ERP accounting systems preferably SAP