Newmont Ghana Gold Limited a subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corporation, one of the World’s largest gold mining companies.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Surveyor and will provide survey capacity for the underground mining activities.
- Implement standards for the Technical Services and the Survey Departments
- Prepare and be accountable for accuracy of all “Survey Notes” issued and actively participate in SafeChek process
- Carry out allocated survey work underground, End of Month pick-ups and be accountable its accuracy
- Conduct CMS surveys as required in a timely manner and make the data available
- Evaluate and propose optimum solutions for problematic situations (based on accumulated data/information) which threaten the achievement of planned objectives
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Required Skills or Experience
- A tertiary qualifications in Survey with knowledge of baseline, geodetic and cadastral survey
- Must have a minimum of 5 years surveying experience, with at least 2 years specific underground mine surveying
- Knowledge of Surpac and Vulcan survey programs
- Strong knowledge in the use of Leica survey instruments, CMS and GPS equipment
How To Apply
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your application letter and current CV with references, indicating your-email address, telephone contact information to the address below:
Human Resources Manager
Newmont Ghana Gold Limited
P. O. Box 59
Kenyasi, Brong Ahafo Region
Or email: [email protected]
Please indicate the job applied for on the envelope and in the subject line of the email. Applying through email is preferable.
Offer valid till: 11 May, 2012