Superintendent, Support Services – Ahafo Operations
The successful candidate will report to the Health, Safety and Loss Prevention (HSLP) Manager. She/he will carry out the requirements of the Integrated and Health Safety and Loss Prevention Management Systems for the Ahafo Operations.
- Administer Newmont programs to prevent accidents/incidents and loss at the Ahafo Mine
- Manage weekly, monthly and yearly HSLP internal and external reporting processes
- Manage the activities as inspections, safety meetings and safety behaviour programs
- Provide advice to department managers about hazard identification, risk management, safety rules
- Work with the HSLP Co-ordinators to increase their HSLP skill levels and knowledge
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree or Graduate Diploma in Health, Safety and Loss Prevention is preferable
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience in the health and safety field in an extractive industry or 8 years’ experience with no degree
- Continuing HSE educational programs is essential. Two years or more of management experience is desirable
- Thorough understanding of Safety Management Systems including OHSAS 18001
- Knowledge in accident/incident investigation experience and auditing qualifications
How To Apply
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your application letter and current CV with references, indicating your e-mail address, telephone contact information to the address below:
The Human Resources Manager
Newmont Ghana Gold Limited
P. O. Box 59
Kenyasi, Brong Ahafo Region
Or email to: [email protected]Please indicate the job applied for on the envelope and in the subject line of the email. Applying through email is preferable.
Closing 4th Nov, 2011