Newmont Ghana Gold Limited a subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corporation, one of the World’s largest gold mining companies.
To provide management and supervision for the maintenance activities of the process plant and associated infrastructure. Assist in the development and implementation of training programmed for the national workforce using Newmont safety, environmental and maintenance practices is an integral component of the job role
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his/her supervision.
- Assure that applicable environmental regulations and compliance programs are implemented.
- Manage and supervise the process maintenance department to achieve safe, cost-effective preventative maintenance of all infrastructure, fixed and mobile plant, through the development and implementation of short/long-term strategies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of training programmes for the national workforce in performing the maintenance tasks for the Akyem process plant
- Develop and implement maintenance strategies that utilize RCM techniques and budget control that will deliver the optimum process plant availability and operating costs.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement programs which will assist in enhancing the performance of the Akyem process plant operation
- Initiate projects and direct activities leading to continuous improvement of safety and production.
- Prepares budgets, recommend purchase of capital equipment and selection of vendors, prepare AFE’s for capital projects
- Co-ordinate with the stores/procurement department to ensure that all the necessary maintenance parts and supplies are available to maintain the process plant and associated facilities.
- Prepare maintenance operating cost forecasts, budgets and monthly maintenance reports.
- Deputize for the Process Manager role during periods of leave.
- Ensure that staff training and development programs are conducted in accordance with Newmont’s people development program
- Ensure the transfer of technology from expatriate to National employees and the promotion and support of National employee training and skill development
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Position is located in a very remote location.
- Managing operations in a very environmentally sensitive and socially challenging environment.
- May be required to travel to and assist at other domestic and international sites
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field and equivalent combination of training and experience in leading large multi-national processing plant.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Maintenance Superintendent in a large process plant environment. Extensive maintenance supervisory experience is a prerequisite for the job role with engineering qualifications desirable
- Process start-up experience would be a plus.
- Management and supervisory experience in developing country is required as is experience in supervising and managing a large group of employees, both staff and hourly
- Strong working knowledge in the maintenance of crushers and grinding mill equipment.
- Strong working knowledge in the maintenance of large slurry pumps and reducers.
- Strong working knowledge in maintenance planning systems – SAP/Ellipse/MIMS.
- Strong working knowledge of budget and cost control in a process maintenance environment.
- Work experience in an overseas environment and training a national workforce is desirable.
- High level of communication skills – verbal and written.
- High level of PC Skills and computer literacy.
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and consultation skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to identify and analyze organizational needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the statutory regulations relevant to safety and the environment for the mining industry.
How To Apply
All Candidates are encouraged to Apply on the website, you can use the Apply Now button below to Apply
- Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- This position is Job #130827